Sign in to follow this  
Vanir Thunder Dojo Tan

If I can reach my alarm clock

... from where I am laying in bed, I'm not getting up.

Convenience has become an addiction, a source of desire even. We do things in our daily lives that we think nothing of, take for granted, and rely on so heavily that alternatives are not only unthought of, but virtually inconceivable!

How many Americans can consider tomorrow without any combustion engines?

I cant imagine most of us here on the bums can even do it!

It is because convenience has grown on us, like a parasite, and we're the host.

Convenience is what keeps us trapped in this dream world, reinforcing its hold by preying on our fears and our ego's irrationality. "wash rinse repeat" caters to the irrationality of the ego. indoor plumbing caters to the convenience factor. So the fear of losing our daily showers locks us in place. How hard it would be to get washed up in the wild with no running water or heating! SCARY THOUGHT! And it traps you in convenience, convinces you to stop thinking and go back to sleep.
you don't need to get up right now anyways, it's convenient enough, you'll do it when you want: That's why I have to hide my alarm clock from myself, otherwise, it's too convenient to shut it off and go back to sleep.

• Like 1

Necessity is the Mother of invention and we might all be surprised at what we could and would do were it forced upon us. This includes getting out of bed in the morning!

Sign in to follow this