Jainarayan

Rama & Sita = One with the Tao?

Hmm...

Since there are a number of people here who are familiar with Hinduism and Hindu mythology ('mythology' being used as 'lore' and stories without the pejorative connotation) I thought I'd bring this up. I was thinking about it just today. OK, so it's another brainfart (my brain has a lot of gas :P).

Rama was the epitome of one who does his duty without question, without resistance. Through the machinations of his stepmother he was denied being crown prince of his father's kingdom, and banished to the forest. And while he mounted a war to free his kidnapped wife Sita, I've come to realize that following the Tao does not mean lying down like roadkill and doing nothing.

Sita, as Rama's shakti, did her duty also without question, even when she was asked to submit to a literal trial by fire to appease the kingdom's subjects. As husband and wife to our minds, because the gods don't really have gender, but they are yin and yang, they performed their complementary and supplementary duties. This is why Rama and Sita are held up in Hinduism, to be the ideal man and woman.

This is why I hold the view that there really is only one truth, we just have to look for it, and that there is a lot of cross pollination all across south and east Asia. Am I off-base, or is this worth thinking about and seeing with new eyes?

Hmm...

Since there are a number of people here who are familiar with Hinduism and Hindu mythology ('mythology' being used as 'lore' and stories without the pejorative connotation) I thought I'd bring this up. I was thinking about it just today. OK, so it's another brainfart (my brain has a lot of gas :P).

Rama was the epitome of one who does his duty without question, without resistance. Through the machinations of his stepmother he was denied being crown prince of his father's kingdom, and banished to the forest. And while he mounted a war to free his kidnapped wife Sita, I've come to realize that following the Tao does not mean lying down like roadkill and doing nothing.

Sita, as Rama's shakti, did her duty also without question, even when she was asked to submit to a literal trial by fire to appease the kingdom's subjects. As husband and wife to our minds, because the gods don't really have gender, but they are yin and yang, they performed their complementary and supplementary duties. This is why Rama and Sita are held up in Hinduism, to be the ideal man and woman.

This is why I hold the view that there really is only one truth, we just have to look for it, and that there is a lot of cross pollination all across south and east Asia. Am I off-base, or is this worth thinking about and seeing with new eyes?

All things have their place in Tao.

Sometimes moves like the raging waters of the Tsunami.

Not all non-action is non-violent.

• Like 1