Sign in to follow this  
Songtsan

Satchitananda

Sat - Being, cosmos, matter, external world, physical brain and mental constructs, objective world, physical stuff, the particles of what we are made of, ego mind, the mirror, little self, the other, the seen

chit - divine Self, soul, seer, watcher, witness, consciousness, to understand, emptiness, subjective

ananda - bliss, delight, pleasure, shakti, chi, energy, radiation, light, affect, feeling, happiness (sadness too), act of seeing, holy spirit

The brain, containing the mind (brain + mind = sat), reflects the light of the world (ananda, feeling) to the awareness (emptiness)

Knower, known, and act of knowing are one

Seer, seen, and act of seeing are one

matter, energy, and awareness are one

prakriti, shakti, and shiva are one

mirror, light, and watcher are one

one who senses, act of sensing, and that which is sensed are one

maker, the made, and the act of making are one

I am looking for corrections. thank you.

Here is an example:

You look around your room - you see a lamp perhaps. The lamp is you...how so? Well, in reality, we all co-exist, interdependently. Light rays (shakti) are bouncing off the lamp (and coming from the bulb), hitting your eye, stimulating the retina ('rods' and 'cones' at the back of the retina are triggered, producing electrical signals). These electrical signals travel via the optic nerve to various areas in the brain, where they are processed, collated in mere nanseconds, and then presented to the 'I' consciousness as a perception. The colors you see are created within the brain. The information coming in did not have color in it, it came in the form of wavelengths and little packets called photons. The color perception was added post-sensation. All the colors of the world that you see are created within. So the colors you see are the chi energy. The lamp is the matter or prakriti (sat), and of course there is the awareness (chit), which watches all this happening. You really and truly ARE the lamp (what you perceive as lamp), you are the mind (sat), and you are the incoming energy (ananda). Take any other sensory perception and it is just like this.

Now you may ask, "But am I that lamp on the outside - in external reality? The reality which cannot be known?" This is a good question. Are the parts that make up reality part of a whole? Is a car simply an aggregate or is it composed of many separate parts? Is there in truth such a thing as separation?. What does quantum physics say? Supposedly electrons are multi-shared between objects and range out an infinite length away from their atoms. Many physicists believe that all electrons exist everywhere in the universe at once. I don't care to discuss this as I am no physicist, but I believe that it is likely. This is the best answer I can give to that question.

So if all energy exists everywhere, then we supposedly exist everywhere.

Edited by Songtsan

I personally knew Sri Swami Satchidananda,...he would drive over to my garden occassionally to escape his devotees. We would discuss composting, guinea hens, ticks, and floating down the James River.

• Like 1

I personally knew Sri Swami Satchidananda,...he would drive over to my garden occassionally to escape his devotees. We would discuss composting, guinea hens, ticks, and floating down the James River.

I only ever met one Swami: Swami Vidyadhishananda..he initiated me into Kriya Yoga in 1997...check out their website - it's a beautiful wesbite:

http://www.swamahiman.org/

Edited by Songtsan

Sign in to follow this