Sign in to follow this  
greendog

what dose the eye chakra do and dose.?

About ten years ago I started to see this intense circle going from white to purple with two arms on it. I see this a lot when I mediate. I was told by a muslim friend who is long gone that only old people see the eye chakra. I must be mad. I am no yoga person found in the web very little. thanks for any help.

Do you mean arms like humans have? Can you describe them a bit more? I guess the circle is somewhat common with meditators but I've never heard of one that has arms...

The arms are like lighting. They flash just as loud and power. They never get any closer them 175 degrees. There never any sound. The presence of the power is like a cannon being shoot every few seconds. It's not scarey just power beyound words.

• Like 1

Man, this sounds epic! What kind of meditation leads you to this experience? Do you also have physical sensations in your Third Eye area? Do you see people's auras when not meditating or other "supernatural" things?

In Daoism, the Third Eye is associated with the third Dantian/Tan t'ien. There are three Dantian in the body and they are energy centers responsible for sublimation of the Three Treasures Jing, Qi/Chi and Shen.

The first Dantian is located slightly below the navel and refines Jing, the vital essence of your body/your sexual energy into Qi.

The second is behind the solar plexus and refines Qi, the energy of breath/life force into Shen, the mind/consciousness/spirit energy.

The third is behind the forehead and is responsible for "refining Shen and reverting into Emptiness", i.e. reconnection with the Cosmos.

As far as I know (mostly booksmart on this, tbh), if your have strong sensations in the third eye area during meditation, it should be a sign of having opened it to a certain extent. In general, that is a good sign, because in most people these days, the Third Eye is completely shut and they are cut off from their intuition/connection with the Universe. Also, the physical organ most strongly associated with the third eye, the pineal gland, is calcified to the extent of being a chunk of calcified material and thus obviously useless in its present state. So you at least are somewhat ahead of the vast majority of people in this respect :)

Sign in to follow this