BaguaKicksAss

Gao Bagua online vid classes with vid corrections/feedback

Yang Yusen, and the folks over at Emptyflower.net are starting the 6th cohort for the Gao Bagua training. http://www.emptyflower.net/forums//index.php?showtopic=9534

Basically a new vid is put up every two weeks, then students practice and discuss the vid throughout the week. Then you send vids of you practicing in for corrections (the corrections part is what makes it awesome). If you live near one of the senior students you can also get some in person training. Or if you live in Victoria you can just show up there too. They also tend to have workshops where folks fly out, once per year (the fee is enough to cover the teacher's travel expenses and space rental and that is it).

The Bagua is fighting based, qigong isn't discussed/trained. Don't sign up if you want spiritual Bagua.

Also "in person corrections at the yearly gatherings or in Victoria, BC is highly encouraged"

"98 lessons total.. everything in COMPLETE Gao syllabus except the Di Zi and Ba Chan Tang Zhang"

It is $15 per month.

I have worked with and trained with one of the folks who trains in this program, and I would say it is definitely top notch.

Here's a vid of Yusen talking about structure and so forth.

Here's an image of him doing SPC

YusenSPCmoving.gif

Edited by BaguaKicksAss
  • Like 2

Hello everyone,

I'm Aksijaha (i.e. Brian) and I'd like to thank BKA for throwing up a mention post. It's very good of her (but really only to be expected.. she's just that sort of helpful). I've been registered here on Taobums for a minute.. but shortly after I registered years back I had a real serious maturation experience and started focusing on fixing my own idiocy. :D

Anyway.. I am happy to help answer any questions anyone might have.. this is one of those opportunities that is really really rare and I am determined that it be available to anyone who wants it, or thinks they might. It's been a half a decade I've followed Yang Laoshi.. I can't say I'm much good at the art.. but I am (no false modesty) *extremely good* at ferreting out and finding really good killer flavors of martial arts. This one is a class act and pretty much "best of breed" (INSERT HUGE CAVEAT) for "what it is" and "what it tries to do". It's not the be-all and end-all. But it's really really good at what it strives to be.

The opportunity for a 6th Cohort (we've already had five.. I was/am in 1rst Cohort) was something I thought I wouldn't see, and it greived me not to have new brothers and sisters coming in. Yusen is a treasure. When I started with him I was extremely cynical, I *knew* he had an angle.. I *knew* sooner or later the flaw, the greed, the ego, something would show. It always does.

Well it didn't.. and over time I realized.. I needed to start living and training right. Stop being such an asshole. We (ZheZhong) don't care about money.. it took me 5 years to get my teacher to let me buy him dinner. It's just about the art and preserving something precious. If it's your thing, and you are down.. come and get you some. If not.. I pray and hope you walk the circle (or equivalent cultivation) all the days of your life and find the serenity and peace all humans should seek.

Namaste... and circle Walk!

Brian

• Like 3