Sign in to follow this  
Venerable Tam Luc Do

LOOKING FOR PURE LAND BUDDHISTS IN THE SALT LAKE AREA

I have been a Buddhist priest for about twelve years. Although Shin Buddhism began as a lay-movement, hence there are generally no priests in Pure Land, I chose the Nembutsu to teach inquirers and became associated with the Chua Tu Hieu Buddhist Temple and Cultural Center of Buffalo, NY. Householders with families are very busy indeed, with inadequate time each day to engage in more difficult and time-consuming practices. Those who practice the Nembutsu have a palpable joy and aliveness and positivity that is quite rewarding. If you have access to a Pure Land sangha then visit and enjoy the liturgical rites. Incorporate the practice into ons daily life. Though I am technically retired, nonetheless I still teach online. However, I am looking for those in the greater Salt Lake area (I live in West Jordan) who would like to form a Pure Land sangha. I can be emailed at venerable.tam.luc.do AT america online dot com. If you are a Pure Land sensei you are especially welcomed to assist.

Unlike Christianity a Buddhist priest can ordain a priest. No "bishop" is needed. I am looking for women and men who are Pure Land Buddhists and would like to study to be a sensei and then a priest. I wish to teach Pure Land how to "speak English" rather than Nipponese aka Japanese. Until a religion learns to speak the native language of the countries to which it travels it will remain marginalized and "quaint".

Feel free to email me to discuss these matters further, rather than here on a public forum.

Namaste,
Venerable Tam Luc Do

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this