Sign in to follow this  
sanbaowellness

Immortality Training in simple terms...

In Daoist immortality training, concepts illustrated in the Nei Jing Tu, the basic concept is to:

Transmute Jing to Qi, Qi to Shen, Shen returns to Void. As for the Wu Ji...

The Wu Ji was before it was, and after it was, it was the Tai Ji Tu. The Tai Ji Tu is actually a Chan Buddhist symbol to represent the Dao or (Tao). The key is in the "S" shape of the TaiJiTu; where yin and yang merge.

A Daoist saying refering to immortality, is when Shen falls in love with Jing. Here the spirit falls in love with body and will not leave. Otherwise they separate and that's it - game over. Thus, to demonstrate this concept of health and vitality in the body, the Tai Ji Tu should have the Yang side below and the Yin side up. Here Yang lifts Yin and keeps the body healthy. When yin settles and yang rises up and away, Shen and Jing separate.

"Kidney water reverses its course." :)

On a physical level is that in some way refering to some Kan and Li concepts where you reverse the heart fire and watery kidney energy? I.E Yang (heart?) energy down, Yin (kidney energy?) up?

Thanks

Michael

On a physical level is that in some way refering to some Kan and Li concepts where you reverse the heart fire and watery kidney energy? I.E Yang (heart?) energy down, Yin (kidney energy?) up?

Thanks

Michael

There are many ways to slice the cabbage. These are similar concepts, but different. The common being Yin/Yang theory as it pertains to health. Being that the the yang jing luo decend the body and the yin jing luo ascend; through qigong and breath work one uses yang energy to lift the yin.

Heart fire is yang relative to Kidney water, but that is a little different. It can be confusing with the similar sounds and spellings of the characters. Heart "Xin" and Kidney "Shen". Though when I refer to Shen falling in love with Jing, I'm describing Spirit "Shen" and Jing as not only Yuan Jing or sexual fluids, but also reference to Jing (two different characters and meanings for Jing) as it refers to the tissues or channels. In simple terms Spirit and Body.

In qigong, often jing is seen as a more yin form of qi, and flows downward like water where it is expressed in fluids related to reproduction. Associated with the Three Treasures or SanBao, Jing and Shen are simply yin and yang expressions of qi. Qi is the neutral niether yin nor yang, yet with potential for both. Through the practice of qigong, taiji, and meditation health is aquired by "Jing, qi, shen he yi." (Sexual energy, qi, and spirit unified.)

I often say, "It's all about the Yi." Yi is intention. Use Yi to guide the qi, and where qi goes, blood flows.

Sign in to follow this