SleepTime

Deer Exercises For Men

Hello all,

When doing the deer exercise for men, do I do stage 2 at the same time as stage 1 ? Am I tightening my sphincter muscles while I am doing the 81 motions ? Or am I finishing the motions and then tightening my sphincter muscles as a seperate exercise ? If so, for how many times do I do the tightening ?

Please keep in mind that there are thousands of variations on the deer exercises you're talking about. The essence of them is integral to a huge variety of daoist training methods, so you'll have to be a bit more specific about the motions, breathing, the intended results, and your source material to get the answer you're seeking. You learning them from a book? If so, which one?

In general, to benefit your health and circulate your sexual energy throughout the body, you want to link the contraction and the motions together. Don't force anything. Limit ejaculation, and most importantly, take up daily meditation if you plan to do a lot of these every day.

If you're just starting out with yogic / daoist exercises, you will get more bang for your buck just doing the contractions alone - think Kegel exercises daoist style. 81 short reps with proper breathing and complete relaxation in between is good, as is doing a bunch where you contract with full strength and hold it for a long time. Once you're comfortable with that, you can practice isolating different muscles and cultivate the ability to contract specific areas while keeping everything else relaxed. Mastering that can unlock the doors to a whole new world of practice, and is a very good start toward laying a foundation for further practices.

-jd

• Like 1

From, The Tao of Sexology by Stephen Chang. It states stage one, which is rubbing of the hands to create energy then cupping the testicles and opposite hand under navel doing circular motions 81 times, switching hands and doing another 81 times. Stage 2 states to do the contractions until uncomfortable. So, i'm curious if the ebst method is for these to be done at the same time ? States to do right in morning and right before bed. Thank you.

Please keep in mind that there are thousands of variations on the deer exercises you're talking about. The essence of them is integral to a huge variety of daoist training methods, so you'll have to be a bit more specific about the motions, breathing, the intended results, and your source material to get the answer you're seeking. You learning them from a book? If so, which one?

In general, to benefit your health and circulate your sexual energy throughout the body, you want to link the contraction and the motions together. Don't force anything. Limit ejaculation, and most importantly, take up daily meditation if you plan to do a lot of these every day.

If you're just starting out with yogic / daoist exercises, you will get more bang for your buck just doing the contractions alone - think Kegel exercises daoist style. 81 short reps with proper breathing and complete relaxation in between is good, as is doing a bunch where you contract with full strength and hold it for a long time. Once you're comfortable with that, you can practice isolating different muscles and cultivate the ability to contract specific areas while keeping everything else relaxed. Mastering that can unlock the doors to a whole new world of practice, and is a very good start toward laying a foundation for further practices.

-jd

Ah, ok. I have a beat up old copy of his "Internal Exercises" book. Pretty cool stuff.

The two stages are done separately. First one to warm the stove, second to drive the energy upward. There's no harm in combining them, but like i said, you'll probably get more out of practicing them separately at first.

-jd

From, The Tao of Sexology by Stephen Chang. It states stage one, which is rubbing of the hands to create energy then cupping the testicles and opposite hand under navel doing circular motions 81 times, switching hands and doing another 81 times. Stage 2 states to do the contractions until uncomfortable. So, i'm curious if the ebst method is for these to be done at the same time ? States to do right in morning and right before bed. Thank you.

Thank you JD. Any take on how many contractions to do for stage 2 ? Are they best done with an erection ?

Ah, ok. I have a beat up old copy of his "Internal Exercises" book. Pretty cool stuff.

The two stages are done separately. First one to warm the stove, second to drive the energy upward. There's no harm in combining them, but like i said, you'll probably get more out of practicing them separately at first.

-jd

Edited by SleepTime

You'll have to feel your way into it. One goal of the contractions is to strengthen the PC muscle and the fascia and ligaments of the urogenital diaphragm, so you want to give yourself a bit of a workout. Go til you can't do them fully and in an otherwise relaxed manner. You want to work at it, but without straining to the point of failure.

For a bunch of reasons, it's preferable (though perhaps more difficult at first) to practice without an erection. Working with fully aroused sexual energy straight away can have all kinds of undesirable effects, but is absolutely something you can and should practice down the road. Just give yourself some time to cook first.

-jd

Thank you JD. Any take on how many contractions to do for stage 2 ? Are they best done with an erection ?