Encephalon

schizandra with horsetail

I started taking schizandra for the same reasons everyone else did: the data.

But I also started taking horsetail with it. The results were pretty impressive. Schizandra alone causes the skin to hold more moisture, so small wrinkles start to disappear. But with the horsetail I found the results even better.

I jumped on schizandra for my second 100 day run but without the horsetail. There wasn't much difference. But I'm on my third 100-day run with both and sure enough, it's really working. You have to drink plenty of water, to be sure.

I'm still trying to cure the eczema that I broke out with when overheating with Gary Clyman's DVDs a couple years ago, but it's just about completely gone and I rarely need the cortisone cream Rx.

Edited by Encephalon

How did you decide to add the Horsetail to the Schizandra. Did you already have a good idea that it would improve the tonic effect of the other herb?

Horsetail is very deep rooting and is classed as a pernicious weed. It is doubtless the deep roots that give it such a high mineral content. It also looks extremely prehistoric which it is. Amongst its listed benefits I see hair loss and piles included. Looks like it can cure your problems from both ends!

Hair Growth

Research shows that silica in Horsetail may help promote hair growth and strength and may also be beneficial for hair loss, dandruff, and split ends. Therefore, drinking Horsetail tea and massaging its herbal tincture and washing the hair with Horsetail extract mixed shampoo may be effective to achieve dandruff free nourished, strong, lustrous, and rejuvenated hair. Herbalist believe that massaging 3-4 drops of Horsetail extract or tincture mixed in 2 tbsp of extra virgin coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil may help stimulate the hair growth and decrease dandruff by improving the circulation in the scalp and strengthening hair follicles. Simply massage the Horsetail oil mix into the scalp for at least 10 minutes 3-4 times weekly. For hair wash, add 3-4 drops of Horsetail tincture into your regular shampoo and wash as normal. Also after shampooing, pour half a cup of cold Horsetail tea into the hair and wash it out after 4-5 minutes just like conditioner. Taking Horsetail extract capsule or drinking one cup of Horsetail tea for two months may add to the effectiveness.

Hemorrhoids

The anti-inflammatory and hemostatic activity of Horsetail may alleviate the pain and help decrease or stop the bleeding caused by hemorrhoids. Simply drink one cup of tea before every fiber rich meal. Fiber rich meal minimizes the risk of constipation which is considered one of the causes of pain associated with hemorrhoids and hemorrhoids itself.

What's your preference for the schizandra? whole, powder (whether in juice or tea), capsules or tincture?

I'm just going with powders now. I'd like to buy a bag of dried berries some time just out of curiosity.

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/Search?doSearch=true&keyword=Schizandra

I'm a very amateurish herbalist, but I wanted the horsetail for bone density and cartidage following my surgeries. I jsut noticed after the fact that it worked well with the schizandra.

I have an example of someone who use Schisandra on daily basis and drink it all the day.

She has a handful of about 20 bright glowing dried fruit which she is putting hot water,

0,1L and take sips from time to time while working. Her skin has improved to get more smooth and more white and her skin get now a little bit pink.

She has 2 month ago a more grey green skin and well she is 56.