Helder

MCO - references in other modern systems?

Yes, good stuff. Reminds me of one of the first things I heard on Taoism. Ken Cohen's audio course. When was that? About fourteen years ago, wow. Anyway, I remember him saying relaxation happens on two planes. Both dropping tension down, basicaly letting gravity do it's thing. And opening towards the surface. Opening out similar to what you are describing.

Anyways, heading to Harbin for Chinese New Year! The biggest ice festival in the world. Pretty excited! Good luck in opening your MCO, dissolving tension and whatever else you fancy in the Year of the Dragon!

Namaste

• Like 1

This is generally better done though through a process of expansiveness rather than through relaxation.

If we take the skeletal structure as an example I think more of expansiveness than relaxation. It is as though the space between the joints just increases by a fraction. A good way of explaining this is to use the hand as an example. We are all familiar with Mickey Mouse. Well imagine that you are wearing a pair of his huge gloves. They cover your hand but do not touch your skin at any point. Now feel that your hand is expanding to come into contact with the glove (this should be a completely expansive process involving no tensing of the muscles). This alone has an amazing energising effect.

Now imagine if in you Standing Stake practice you were to do this with your whole body. You will find that it will take you to a whole new level.

When Standing Stake practitioners speak of energy channels opening through simple standing alone then it is this process which brings it about. Obviously the principles of external posture would have to be correct but it is all part and parcel of the same process.

I hope that I have been able to put this point across in astraightforward manner and that it may prove of use.

Bruce Frantzis teaches, among other things, pulsing and opening/closing as parts of his system. When you say 'expansiveness', this sounds a bit static. WOuld you say that it is more like pulsing, that is expansiveness alternating with contraction, or just pure expansiveness conbined with stillness?

I'm asking because I have been experiensing something that I can call expansiveness in my standing practice. Sometimes it wants to be more like pulsing, sometimes no.