Sign in to follow this  
vidiami

Another WSM sucker...am I...and about white light

So I too has started the WSM practice and so far it's just brilliant. The skeleton visualization is good and letting it turn to dust and forgetting all about the body is even better. Actually I think the visualization part - visualizating the skeleton glowing with brilliant white light is more or less a form of inner smile. M. Winn has a guided inner smile tape where you end with letting the body - layer by layer - turning into light until it gets so bright that it turns invisible. You start with the skin and end with the skeleton. After it all has turned into light and disappeared you're left with your energy body and "you're sitting in a wonderful open space". The feeling is the same with this as with WSM, but of course with this meditation you reconstruct the body again, layer by layer before you end.

And then about the white brilliant light in WSM: basically, I experience chi as two colors: white and gold. The white light is always cooling to different degrees - usually nicely cooling, sometimes cold and at a few times it has been really cold and I could even smell snow with it. This light seems to come quite naturally and on it's own. It's usually enough to still the mind. My impression is that this light/energy is always seeking me out and whenever I still the mind it finds me and starts to pour into my system.

The golden light only comes with practice - like the inner smile. I have to actively visualize it first. This light is warmer in temperature, but not really warm - just warmer in comparison to the white light.

Come to think about it - I've never really experience chi as warm. It has always been cooling to varying degrees. This is usually quite refreshing and clearing to the mind. Before I started any kind of chi kung practice I had this feeling of a cooling breeze in my face and white light while meditating, and only later I realized that it probably was chi moving through the MO, pouring down through my face.

Anyone has any comments on this?

// Peace.

Welcome to the club! WSM rocks! Be sure to check out sungazing too! Sungazing/sunbathing is outside-in and WSM is inside-out for all your illumination needs.

Bodri is insistant on using white light, but golden light is easier and more natural for me. I don't know why he's so insistant as golden feels good too. Although, I can see what he's talking about with greens, blues, reds, etc. You are right--the light and the inner smile seem to be the same energy.

My Sungazing pal just pointed out that visualizing being filled with light helps with retention practice too--it programs your subconscious/self-image to see oneself as filled with light and eventually it just starts to feel unnatural to do anything that compromises that energy level. Interesting insight.

Keep me posted!

-Yoda 8)

Well, sungazing - the practice sounds interesting, but sun at this time in Sweden is quite rare or at least not a everyday story. Dusk sets in just after three in the afternoon and most days are cloudy anyway. In summer though...that'll be great.

// Peace.

Actually, it's good to start slow with sungazing and gazing while the sun is low or behind clouds is a good way to ease into it. Takes months to acclimate, so you'd be ready for the summer by starting now. Check out www.solarhealing.com for one system. I sungaze then WSM outside if possible in the sunlight. Very nice mix. Solarhealing is into the big toes as well.

Sungazing and WSM are my primary practices, supplemented by multiples.com, and Taoist power yoga.

I'm set: Yoda's Big 4.

-Yoda

I'm starting to notice that WSM is easier to do with the eyes closed while sitting in the sunlight--the sun's energy seems to goose up the energy of the practice. I also like to do WSM in pitch black--then I can see my brilliance superimposed on a dark background.

-Yoda 8)

Sign in to follow this