Sign in to follow this  
Muqtada

Another generic "Hello" thread

Hey!

I'm new-ish to the forums and my selective reading doomed me to a week of lurking and not understanding why I couldn't reply to any threads! (I'm not going to lie, when I saw this forum tonight I was quite embarrassed) I picked up a fair amount of information though... I ran into Tao a few years ago at a local bookstore. I randomly met a friend there and they picked up a book called "The Way of the Tao" and then I didn't hear from it again. A year or two later I was in the middle of a falling out with a Christian Church where I had been trying to believe in God for months but was not making any progress and my friend mentioned the book he picked up and that I should grab a copy if I could. Maybe it would help.

About a year later I was visiting my friend and saw the book on his bookshelf. I read the first chapter or two and was amazed. My friend gave me the book (later, I gave it to someone else. It just seemed right) and from there I've been slowly accruing more information. Taoism matches what I already believe. Indirectness matches how I already think. It was love at first sight :)

I can't say I know a whole lot about the Tao. From the threads I've lurked on I believe I'm classified as a Western Philosophical Tao or whatnot. Basically I've read a couple of books, and what I read right. No one where I now live knows of the Tao or talks about it so I figured I way try online.

ANYWAY this was probably much longer of a post than it probably ought to have been. Just making up for lost time ;)

Edited by Muqtada

Nevermind this reply, it is not important

laugh.gif

Welcome Muqtada, welcome to the Tao Bums family.

That's nice of you to share your story.

I'll look toward to read your posts on the forum.

Sign in to follow this