Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Fester

This may have been conceived with the most heartfelt intention, but please consider that this kind of thing can seriously backfire. Nursing home staff usually are stretched too thin just providing basic care, and a flood of mail can actually be disruptive. They probably would give all of it to the family members, who may or may not really want to be inundated with it. I'd suggest that the dying man may really need and want only close family visitors at this time, and there are other ways to express compassion.

If the family members want mail for themselves sent to their homes, to help them grieve, that's another thing.

Best,

Karen

Edited by karen

A positive act can break through a shell of institutionalization, like a ray of sun through the San Francisco fog at noon.

Where have you read this legend about a ray of sunshine piercing the fog of San Francisco!?? I will need to see if to believe it! :D I keep forgetting you are in the Bay, man. We should get tea sometime. I have been too busy to make it over the bridge in ages though.

Sign in to follow this