konchog uma

20 Axioms

hi, i just wanted to share these because they really help me. and because typing them out reinforces them :)

1. law of world views - the world we perceive is actually an interface between the unknowable objective reality and the subjective self. changing subjective world views changes the perceived world. there are infinite ways to perceive infinite worlds. observation changes phenomenon by the power inherent in our attention. we can become one with the universe but can never be an independent observer. we participate in creating the world by perceiving it.

2. law of attention - the more evidence one looks for to support a given law, conclusion, or worldview, the more one will find. world views are static and inert. maintaining them is done by means of a recursive internal dialogue or words and symbols which we use to constantly edit our perceptions. to rearrange one's worldview, rearrange the attention.

3. law of synchronicity - the law of cause and effect manifest as events connected by patterns in space and time. patterns are meanings.

4. law of relative truth - all statements are true, false, and meaningless from a trinity of points of view. flexibility of awareness allows one to adopt these points in turn, and simultaneously.

5. law of pragmatism - if it works, it is true. the more successful a world view is at fulfilling the goals of its adherents, the more valid it is said to be. few then are truly insane, and fewer truly sane.

6. law of paradox - no world view or set of world views can ever encompass the actual world. this paradox is based on the unknowable nature of reality. two people may experience the same event as different occurances. the rationality of our worldviews, words, and symbol sets is limited by intellect. the world itself is not. the resolution of the paradox is that the world contains our worldviews, but our worldviews do not contain the world.

7. law of unity - everything through all space and time is linked by degree to everything else. all is ultimately one.

8. law of reflection - all parts are reflection of the whole. each thing is a "holon" or a whole part of a greater holon. the cosmos is holographic in its manifestation. each of us is the cosmic image. when the inner image is tuned, or brought into resonance, with the outer image, perception of oneness can occur.

9. law of association - if two things have a commonality, they will influence each other. the more commonality, the more influence. similarity and contagion. similarity is sympathetic, and means that the cause and effect have resonance with each other. contagion is homeopathic, and means that things in contact continue to interact after separation. anything once in contact can be used as a tuning crystal is in a radio to isolate the frequency of that things, because it carries a resonance relationship with it.

10. law of connection - to oppose something is to maintain it. to have power over something is that things power over you. every act is an exchange of energy, there is always give and take simultaneously.

11. law of synthesis - any two opposites can be unified in a force or concept that will contain both of the original opposites (hot, cold - temperature)

12. law of duality - any force or concept can be divided into two opposites, each of which will contain the essence of the other, and can only be defined in relationship to each other.

13. law of personification - any object, concept, force, or phenomenon may manifest as an entity. it can be considered to be alive, have a personality, and be respectable and addressable as an entity. everything has a spirit.

14. law of interfaces - power exists in refined form and alignments like noon, midnight, poles, solstices, etc. it also exists in places which are in between or not entirely one thing or the other. these places have power which comes from the exchange of energy between poles, like lightning, caves, grottoes, towers, mountains, beaches, wells, crossroads, cliffs, equinoxes, twilight, dawn, salamanders, frogs, etc have this energy

15. law of words and symbols of power - there are words and symbols that are able to change the inner and outer realities of those using them. these do not need to be understood consciously in order to have effect. there is a primordial resonance between symbols or words of power and what they represent, this is why they are what they are.

16. law of names - a things true name is its nature. the name is what weaves together the being. what most people consider name is only label, true names exist in the higher planes more often than in the experienced world.

17. law of labeling - people tend to believe they understand something if they have a name for it. this is nominalization. do not confuse map and territory. when we label, we exclude information.

18. law of information - the more information contained in a symbol, the more general and vague it becomes. the more specific a symbol, the more information it excludes. simplicity dominates complexity.

19. law of pattern - information can be viewed as a measure of predictability. the more unpredictable a message is, the more information it contains. pattern is information, which is energy. knowledge is power. patterns develop complexity naturally as they evolve. in this sense the cosmos becomes more intelligent every day. as it develops simplicities, it becomes wiser.

20. law of intelligence - any pattern of sufficient complexity will act intelligently when treated as an entity. a patterns complexity can be said to be its intelligence. intelligence is a measure of information, and pattern is information. therefore, the relationship between pattern and intelligence is overlapping.

• Like 1

My my... that is a long list. It will take me awhile to remember them all. I will just say that all duality comes from singular source, hence duality can only be the product of non-duality. I'm not hypothesizing, I've experienced this non-dual source, light, whatever you want to call it.

Second names, labels, etc. do not dictate what something is, they are just terms we ascribe to what we recognize so others can recognize them as well. We tell a child, that is a cat, he knows it is a cat, but if we tell a child a dog is a cat, does that make the dog a cat?

It is best not to oppose anything if you can, however if you can't, it's best to apply as much force as needed to take control. The man who avoids the crocodile is the wisest, but the man who chooses not to better hope he has a firm grip on its snout.

I wont even go into synthesis right now, that boggles the mind, but suffice it to say, that it still comes down to names and labels. In the end a crocodile is what it is, regardless of what you call it.

Aaron

Edited by Twinner

My my... that is a long list. It will take me awhile to remember them all. I will just say that all duality comes from singular source, hence duality can only be the product of non-duality. I'm not hypothesizing, I've experienced this non-dual source, light, whatever you want to call it.

Second names, labels, etc. do not dictate what something is, they are just terms we ascribe to what we recognize so others can recognize them as well. We tell a child, that is a cat, he knows it is a cat, but if we tell a child a dog is a cat, does that make the dog a cat?

It is best not to oppose anything if you can, however if you can't, it's best to apply as much force as needed to take control. The man who avoids the crocodile is the wisest, but the man who chooses not to better hope he has a firm grip on its snout.

I wont even go into synthesis right now, that boggles the mind, but suffice it to say, that it still comes down to names and labels. In the end a crocodile is what it is, regardless of what you call it.

Aaron

as to names and labels, those axioms came from egyptian light magic. They believe in the name body as one of the human bodies (physical, dreaming, auric, astral, heart, etc) which is the body which exists in the dimension of pure information, binding all your different bodies together into one "you" with the spell, which is your true name (not the name you were born with on earth necessarily), so that is not to say that those axioms are totally correct or totally daoist or anything of the sort, just to give you some background information on them to help you understand where they are coming from. they believe in the essence of the thing itself, the true name, and the "other name" :) or label which we call name in the case of self

i agree about crocodiles, but don't tell kids that they are cats :) that might be confusing

Edited by anamatva