Sign in to follow this  
Otis

Tao Yoga class in L.A.

Dear fellow Angeleno Bums, I just wanted to let you know about a "Tao Yoga" class being co-led by my friend, Baylen Slote, aka the Tai Chi Cowboy. He's a TCM practitioner in Santa Monica.

Below are the details I copied from his Facebook announcement:

tao yoga class with dr. mao and baylen

Thursday, July 21 · 6:00pm - 7:00pm

the wellness living store

1412 fourteenth street

Santa Monica, CA

come enjoy this opportunity to practice the ancient art of dao-in chinese "tao" yoga with dr. mao the lineage holder of the Ni family of taoist practitioners.

this form of yoga is said to be the "trunk of the tree" out of which qi gong, tai chi, tai ji, and other internal and external energy moment forms have been developed from.

see the link below for more information:

http://www.integralway.org/chi-practice/dao-in-chinese-yoga.html

don't miss the opportunity to get personal attention while this class is still small! we're looking forward to seeing you there.

Edited by Otis
  • Like 1

In response to Blasto's request, I found out the cost from Baylen:

The cost is $18 per class or $110 if you buy a package of 8. we also have a package of 4 classes available - they are transferable and do not need to be used within a given time period, and can also be used to take any of our other classes as well. it may seem a bit pricy, but remember this is an opportunity to study directly from an unbroken lineage of taoist practitioners. dr. mao (who has taught me)'s father literally spent 30 years studying and practicing in the mountains of china, so there is not only technology here but history as well.

Sign in to follow this