Cat Pillar

Emotional Release

All I can say is that there's an experience of reality. I can't say anything about what/who is experiencing without introducing assumptions.

Before your thoughts about who/what experiences reality, you already had the assumption that there is someone/thing experiencing it.

If you look closely, you will see that what you are looking for, is that which is looking. And it can't see itself since then it would be the object, no longer the subject. Keep this in mind whenever you think you have found "me" or found "no-me", as this will instantly put you back on track again.

Also don't think that thoughts of a self are BAD or WRONG. The concept of 'me' is very real in the sense that it APPEARS, but whatever it's pointing to is FALSE. It's a real illusion, get it?

Regarding happiness, this guy Wei Wu Wei said something very interesting:

"Why are you unhappy?

Because 99.9 per cent of everything you think, and of everything you do, is for yourself.

And there isn't one."

I highly recommend this website:

http://theendofseeking.net/

Oh and by the way, burn everything I said.

Having the answer isn't enough. You have to do the math. - Jed McKenna

Edited by Bluefront

That's a nice reflective thought, Cat. Challenging the preconditions. I would think that would kick off a nice inner journey. It's a crack you can get into and have some fun with...

Yeah, I expect it should yield some interesting results.

Before your thoughts about who/what experiences reality, you already had the assumption that there is someone/thing experiencing it.

If you look closely, you will see that what you are looking for, is that which is looking. And it can't see itself since then it would be the object, no longer the subject. Keep this in mind whenever you think you have found "me" or found "no-me", as this will instantly put you back on track again.

Also don't think that thoughts of a self are BAD or WRONG. The concept of 'me' is very real in the sense that it APPEARS, but whatever it's pointing to is FALSE. It's a real illusion, get it?

Regarding happiness, this guy Wei Wu Wei said something very interesting:

"Why are you unhappy?

Because 99.9 per cent of everything you think, and of everything you do, is for yourself.

And there isn't one."

I highly recommend this website:

http://theendofseeking.net/

Oh and by the way, burn everything I said.

Having the answer isn't enough. You have to do the math. - Jed McKenna

Thanks for the link, I'm enjoying reading through the site. I have a feeling I'll be working through the math for awhile, but I have to say I feel less identified with suffering already.

I look forward to practicing the kind of self-inquiry suggested by Ramana Maharshi.