Sign in to follow this  
Cognizance

Meditation and "visualisation"

When meditating, I understand that you focus on achieveing a state of sensory deprivation while breathing air down to the dan tian as the belly comes out. Apparently after 100 days of "gathering the light" then it is genuine and work can begin. Im not sure if Im meant to visualise but Im convinced that with persistent practice that you will begin to actually feel qi and eventually control it through breathing but not through visualisation. Kind of like how qi is lead to your arms when you flex without you even thinking about it once mastered. Im not sure, will anyone please give some directions on the technique. Im sure that a lot of fellow bums have been training diligently for a long time. What experiences and techniques can you share? Am I on the right of path at a price of 100 days lol. Thanks for any feedback ;).

When meditating, I understand that you focus on achieveing a state of sensory deprivation while breathing air down to the dan tian as the belly comes out. Apparently after 100 days of "gathering the light" then it is genuine and work can begin. Im not sure if Im meant to visualise but Im convinced that with persistent practice that you will begin to actually feel qi and eventually control it through breathing but not through visualisation. Kind of like how qi is lead to your arms when you flex without you even thinking about it once mastered. Im not sure, will anyone please give some directions on the technique. Im sure that a lot of fellow bums have been training diligently for a long time. What experiences and techniques can you share? Am I on the right of path at a price of 100 days lol. Thanks for any feedback ;).

I suggest you choose one system/tradition to follow either on your own from books, or much better, from a teacher. When asking a question like this on a forum you may get many different responses from people who follow different traditions. If you intend to simply meditate then you dont need all the information, you just need to do what the teacher / master says.

Visualisation is favored by some schools while others don't involve it at all. It certainly is not necessary for Qi development and spiritual refinement but finding a real teacher most probably is.

Visualisation is favored by some schools while others don't involve it at all. It certainly is not necessary for Qi development and spiritual refinement but finding a real teacher most probably is.

Definitely so. Visualization is visualization. Meditation is meditation. My own experience is that meditation can teach that visualization is what we are doing all the time anyway. Meditation can teach what the mind actually is and that, to me anyway, seems a first priority so that all other energy practices are in perspective. Certainly that state which we call "dreaming" is quite the visualization and if mind is better understood then dreams are not only clearer, but are not the cause of unwanted effects of this visualization. Ultimately it can be seen that daily life is a dream, a trance state, a visualization of the totality as well. When this is known, visualization is obviously recognized as a determining factor in what happens next - next being very soon or quite a long ways down the road. And finally, knowing this much, it is easier to keep track of all those little thoughts that run the mind as well as the big ones. This knowledge directly informs the phenomena of virtue and morality. It is also a major step to complete freedom.

Good luck!

Edited by 2netis

Sign in to follow this