Sign in to follow this  
markern

Herb effects

My TCM doctor put me on some herbs about a month ago to help my kidneys and some other stuff. THe first few days I noticed a big difference then it went away. Now I start to feel some changes again but it is difficult to know if it is from the herbs or other things. Today he put me on Xiao Yao Wan (Pian) which he had me on for about to weeks some time ago. Then I noticed good effects for a week or two and then it sort of settled at a very small effect that did not change arround the time I took the herbs. How does herbs usualyy work over time? Is it like they often give an initial boost then you notice little while they slowly build you up and after a long time (months?) you notice real differences?

I don't know if this advice will be helpful, but here I go:

Your body has adapted to the dosage of herbs given to you. In my experience, (when I was taking Dr. Lin's hormonal supplements when I was regularly lifting weights) I noticed that the effects were noticeably less effective over the weeks then when I started on them. That was after taking them as prescribed day in and day out for weeks or months on end. I tried cycling the dosage or not taking anything for 2 or more weeks in between cycles. I would then notice that the effect didn't totally wear off like it did before. So my body got some off time before it got used to the dosage again. It's not unlike bodybuilders who cycle their steroids.

You should really discuss this with your TCM doctor since he is the one prescribing them to you.

Also i heard that too much of a good thing can either stop working (like above) or have a negative effect because your body has become too dependent on the substance. I hope someone knowledgeable can discuss this.

Sign in to follow this