fiveelementtao

Right Brain and Tao Practice

Thanks for sharing Mike...I recognize that it's a very good method.

Just downloaded your new book, The Thunder Wizard Path, today...especially enjoyed reading the part about how the Teutons may have interpreted the 4 directions, within the Five Elements section. Very insightful!

Thanks Scotty :)

Hi Bums,

I have decided that forum interaction via keyboard communication is downright evil... So, for the foreseeable future, I am retiring from the usual forum related left brain ego jousting, semantics, book knowledge theory nonsense. From here on out I propose a thread where we only share right brain active activities that help our cultivation. No theory, no competition, no jousting, no intellectualization... just fun healing practices that we can share with each other.

May I share? I do some stunts/pranks/dance, as part of my searching for paths of least resistance:

According to Teutonic Mythology, the Thunder god Thor needs 3 magical items made by the dwarves in order to create lightning and thunder:

1) Meginjord (Power Belt) which doubles his strength

This is the power of the kidneys and navel center to create and store Chi.

2) Jarngreiper (Iron Grippers) iron gloves. Iron is a conductor for electricity, so this is saying that Thor needs to open the energy gates in his hands in order to pick up his "hammer." (lightning and thunder)

3) Mjollnir (Pulverizer) his hammer which is itself the power of thunder and lightning. The name pulverizer indicates that Thor is dynamically combining the powers of yin and yang in order to create the power of lightning.

As those of us who have studied Taoist energy work, we can clearly see that this myth is talking about how to create chi energy in the lower dan tien (power belt) and transmit Chi energy through the hands (iron gloves) and dynamically combine yin and yang (mjollnir) to create the power of lightning . This indicates to me that there is eveidence from the Teutonic myths that the pre-christian Europeans did have an understanding of high level energy work and recorded this understanding through oral tradition and stories...

I am finishing up an manual for the online Teutonic shamanism course on the website. If anyone is interested in getting a copy, email me with "shamanism manual" in the headline and I will notify when it is ready for download...