Sign in to follow this  
Capital

Meditation experience

Well, last night I was meditating, and something quite new and intense happened.

I was was listening (sort of) to the song Reflection by the band Tool while deep in, and my focus was on 'listening' to the body without my mind making me literally listen, which is what the song was for.

It's odd, but it's easier for me to pay no regard to a noise that I know well, rather than one that is unexpected, so listening with ear-buds to a song that I have heard a hundred times is better than the echoing quasi-silence of the night.

I wasn't focusing on my Qi or my breathing, though I was aware of the latter becoming completely automatic at some point, yet still as deep and soft as I have been consciously making it before then.

What happened came out of the blue, and it's hard to describe because it was when I started my analysis of what exactly I was feeling that it stopped.

It was like my conscious mind turned off, and I sunk completely away from it. That's when I realized that even with it completely gone, I (being me, Kyle, Capital, whatever) was still there. At that exact moment I felt my entire body for the first time in a way I never have before, because for the first time I was my body. I was in every part of it, and I could fell every sensation so much stronger.

Then I started to analyze what was happening, and in a moment the feeling was almost entirely gone. My conscious mind sucked me back up into my head.

When I woke up this morning, though, I felt completely worn out, besides the fact that there is way less tension in my body than I think I've ever experienced. It's odd to be so relaxed yet so completely tired and beat.

I do feel a lot better though, for some reason, after writing all this.

I want to go back and do it again, but my conscious mind is now so caught up on the idea that I can't relax properly.

Kyle

Hm thats cool. Reflection is a really great song =P one of my favorites, I listen to Tool pretty much during stance/Form parts of my training.. but try not to use music during meditation. Although thats cool reflection is a great song to relax too.

Sign in to follow this