Archaic17

Beyond the Himalayas

A VERY hard book to get my hands on...

a dear friend from sweeden told me to get it because i am a taoist...

he said it is a VERY important read...

please.. anyone.

what is this book about?

why so rare and expensive?

why so special.. iv been hearing so much about this book from taoists all over the internet...

Google it, there are several and it seems to me they're all available online. But after a quick glance I think it just BS.

From some of the reactions and the authors other books. It seems like a New Agey interpretation of things. It can make you feel happy and inspired. I'm just assuming by the reviews though. So, I don't know for sure.

From some of the reactions and the authors other books. It seems like a New Agey interpretation of things. It can make you feel happy and inspired. I'm just assuming by the reviews though. So, I don't know for sure.

yea... I would suggest to skip it. I read it.. and was like :mellow::o:huh:

I don't see why a Taoist would recommend to read it. its about a guy who went to Tibet, though I doubt he really did because the teachers he meets all talk about God in a Christian sense which no Buddhists do.

if you want a really good book filled with cool interesting mystical stories by Tibetans check out Tibetan Book of Living and Dying... or Crystal and the Way of Light