Sign in to follow this  
Teddy

Bad psychiatry

Well, like I said in that other thread about drugs: Leave that shit alone!

No, I'm not trying to be dogmatic. I realize that there are some folks who have chemical imbalances in their brain and the only way the probelm can be resolved is with the use of drugs.

But, every time a person takes a brain altering drug they are giving up a portion of their free will.

I value free will far too much to allow that to happen to me.

Just my thoughts and opinions - they might not fit anyone else.

Be well!

Edited by Marblehead

I had to study a bit of pharmacology and I hated it.

Really they do not have a clue about the brain. Always the drugs will have bad side-effects.

But some people are hopeless cases.

And it is sad that they have to be drugged to fit in.

I would like to emphasis something important however... That natural plant drugs are less harmful to the body. If you believe in "evolution" then we could say we have evolved in synergy with these plants for many, many years. For instance you used to get whole cultures based around cannabis, magic mushrooms and peyote.

The reality is that we never needed to make synthetic drugs. They try to manipulate very specific pathways, and seem to work at first, but ultimately dull the mental faculties, and have bad side-effects..... The pharmacologists will never win, there reductionist approach will become too ridiculous at some point....I am confident of that.

The best drugs were already created 1,000,000s of years ago..... All the modern stuff is a cheap imitation. They try to contegorise a person with this or that condition then create the solution. The reality is each persons "condition"/demeanor is unique and not as stable/consistent as the psychiatrists would hope.

Those who are really in want it should be allowed free access to whatever they want.

It seems to me that the pharmaceutical industry is trying to create a monopoly. Maybe it is not a conspiracy but a huge misunderstanding? Either way the fact is that marijuana used to grow freely at the sides of roads and then for some reason we started torching whole fields for no apparent reason. It used to used for food, for oil, for ships sails, for clothing, and now it is being burned. Yet they have the audacity to talk of saving the environment.

So in my mind saying "drugs are bad" is not helping anyone. People should be given what they need and then things will fall in their natural place. The current drug laws should not be encouraged and "just say no" religious brainwashing should be seen for what it is. It is all ties together because the fascist outlawing of natural drugs and the extreme persecution of the users plays very well into the hands of the pharmaceutical industry. Be smart not dogmatic.

The drugs causing the most harm like cocaine, amphetamines (inc. crystal meth) and heroin were all created by the pharmaceutical industry.

I want to distinguish between "good food" and "bad food". Decent goods and cheap imitations. Even though it plays no part in my life, I feel this is the nicest thing to do.

Sign in to follow this