Sign in to follow this  
Lucky7Strikes

Book on Qi meridians?

Most books seem to be too simple or too complex, there is no 'advanced beginner' book of some kind or something inbetween.

Maybe it would be good to ask on an acupuncture forum or list if no one knows it here, anyway it's just an idea.

But by the way i think esoteric acupuncture is different from physical/health acupuncture.

And as far as yin and yang, in physical acupuncture it could be as easy as hot and cold, water and fire meridians (and the other elements could be seen as 'helper or ''by'' meridians' from that standpoint and point of view

As far as health and everything else i think also the central meridian would have to be the most energetic and branching out ''slowly'' from there.

etc.? :)

Most books seem to be too simple or too complex, there is no 'advanced beginner' book of some kind or something inbetween.

Maybe it would be good to ask on an acupuncture forum or list if no one knows it here, anyway it's just an idea.

But by the way i think esoteric acupuncture is different from physical/health acupuncture.

And as far as yin and yang, in physical acupuncture it could be as easy as hot and cold, water and fire meridians (and the other elements could be seen as 'helper or ''by'' meridians' from that standpoint and point of view

As far as health and everything else i think also the central meridian would have to be the most energetic and branching out ''slowly'' from there.

etc.? :)

That's interesting that you make the distinction between "esoteric" acupuncture and medical acupuncture. They both use the channels for different purposes, so you're probably right.

I'm just looking for a concise book on the major channels and not a medical textbook.

Anyone?

Chi and Creativity: Vital Energy and Your Inner Artist by Elise and Kaleo Ching

It organizes, labels, and diagrams the channels on the body by element, shows acupoints all along the meridian, shows psychological symptoms of imbalance. It shows elemental qigong that can be done along with the acupressure.

The book contains chakra meditations and other exercises too. It teaches Zhan Zhuang. It endsby teaching the first section of the Tiger Chi Kung set, which is pretty thorough in and of itself apparently. I good book with a wide variety of information.

Check out Trunk's page on the Personal Practice section. He's been working with this and has some good websites linked and perhaps a couple of useful books cited.

Check out Trunk's page on the Personal Practice section. He's been working with this and has some good websites linked and perhaps a couple of useful books cited.

Thanks for the recommendations!

Trunk has a few sites listed, but not many specific books on the subject. But I'll definitely look around more.

I had some book on my Amazon wishlist that was like an esoteric anatomy book. Dammit why are things disspearing from there?

Anyone know what this one might be? It had pictures of people with their chakras .etc showing up from what I remember.

Sign in to follow this