froggie

Anyone know anything about the codex alimentarius?

Is it real? Is it as bad as it sounds? (nothing very 'alimentarius' about it, but more something like a fascist mind****?)

Is it real? Is it as bad as it sounds? (nothing very 'alimentarius' about it, but more something like a fascist mind****?)

Certainly not as bad as the conspiracy nutters make it out to be, but more and more nanny state intrusion into peoples lives. Hopefully one day more people will get that the world needs less government, not more. Like Lao Tzu said 2,500 years ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codex_alimentarius

Some things that truely bother me is for example the banning of raw milk and raw milk cheeses, they are healthyer, tastyer and more easily digested. The reason why raw milk could be dangerous (and it happens very little anyway) is not because of the milk but by the way the cows are held (too many and too many antibiotics, etc)

The solution for more and healthyer raw milk would be simply to test the milk on site or at the factory.

simple and it works. all done.

but no? let's ban raw milk altogether? what kind of sense is that? commercialization and industrialisation going over the edge and insane? sell more shit instead of sell more quality? i think so. :)

Also i want to be able to buy plants and supplements and grow my own food and things like that.

Any regulation that should be done is to insure a good product. That's all. The rest should be more or less free. No?

How else are people going to get smart instead of being made dumb?

i have come across some petition sites,

if anyone would be interested, feel free to contribute with your voice. and maybe also forward it. it doesn't seem like a hoax but the 'real thing'.

Europe:

http://www.eliant.eu/new/lang/en/?p=4

USA and other countries:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/codex-alimentarius

do these petitions work in accomplishing their goals? or am I just putting my real name on list of political activists?

do these petitions work in accomplishing their goals? or am I just putting my real name on list of political activists?

you know ..... that's a really good question.

it could be one, or the other, or either of those, or even nothing.

at least something of that biodynamic organisation or company would have to have long standing credentials of itself, but i don't know that organisation for myself.

on the other hand, if it really does help, it seems like a really good thing. in a way at least.

what would be the alternatives? beside this? probably plenty. like boycotting some things all by yourself, in a small group, in bigger groups. like growing your own things whenever possible and making it work. like anonymous statements? and so?

:blink: