#81 xEva

xEva

Dao Bum

• Junior Bum
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 05:49 AM

Hi there!  me again :)

Also, I'm pretty sure the info about him spending time as a doctor in Canada is false, as I have a few contacts that still
live up there, and I would have heard something.

I stand by my info and here are some links still available, though most of the discussion is long gone.

I was wrong about the dates in my previous post and tonight I had to refresh my memory. It was around 2007-2009 when I was reading it, already from cache. YX was a licensed TCM doctor in Canada in 2003. Here is a post that still remains:

http://www.pliner.ne.../4cc599/171458/

Re: Yan Xin Controversy
posted by Guest user.gif
posted on August 15, 2005 at 03:52 PM

I've been following the links on Yan Xin controlversy and it ended here. How did the 
issue resolve? Was there a public inquery? 
Does YX practice now in BC? Or was his licence 
revoked?

If you have time to browse through the threads that are still there, you may gather that the chair of CTCMA (until 2005) Mr. Mason Loh was an immigration lawyer who created the association and helped "hundreds" of TCM doctors from China to move to Canada and be licensed by this new "governing body". Apparently, there were some violations of the association bylaws, such as some of the old accreditation documents from China could not be verified and some members were not proficient in English.

The last straw happened to be YX, basically because, as I posted before, he was given the license while another "equally qualified" person had to comply with the rules. This set off the registrar of the association, Randy Wong, who was about to spill these irregularities in the open, and, anticipating this, the Board fired him on the basis of false accusations. He was also put under the gag order, which prevented him from defending his position before the Board. Mr. Wong sued the association and it took him over 2 years to finally get justice. As a result of all this Mr. Loh had to step down.

In all fairness, overall, what Mr Loh did for TCM in Canada is invaluable. Of course, the treatment of Mr. Wong was very wrong, but thankfully in the end justice prevailed. But look what he did for the profession: already 7 years after the creation of the association TCM was not only officially recognized as a legitimate art but also covered by the Canadian health insurance.

Sometime around 2005, the forum rules were modified such that pressing a dislike button would make a message disappear and that's why most of this discussion is gone now -- but  maybe it's still available somewhere in cache or wayback machine. Here is the latest post I just saw on that forum about YX, though the name was intentionally modified:

http://www.pliner.ne...cc599/185957/2/
posted on October 23, 2005 at 01:26 PM

... By the way does anyone know whether Yang Yin ever got the Doctor title? This should be public record, yet has never been answered. This particular licensing case was the root of the original scandal, which got Randy Wong fired. ...

Again, citing from memory now, the answer I read in the original discussion was that YX apologized and moved to the US.

Edited by xEva, 13 September 2016 - 11:34 AM.

• Rakiel said thanks for this

#82 Aslan9

Aslan9

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 01:15 PM

Thank you for the update. The last time I saw Dr Yan in person was a few years before this time period, and after group practices/discussion were dissolved, I stopped receiving updates on his whereabouts. Although the last I heard he was living in NJ and traveling back and forth to China.
I am surprised I didn't hear more about this considering we have several contacts in Canada, but you obviously seem to know more about it than I do. I really appreciate the information.
I had the opportunity to meet Mason Loh and his entire family at a huge YXQ conference in Vancouver around 2001. Close to 4K people attended, and the Qi field was intense. He was a very nice guy, and well respected, and at the time he was working hard to help with drought relief in Mongolia. But I remember being told something about him helping to get Chinese docs into Canada.
If you come across any other info, please post it here. Thanks again for the update.
  • xEva said thanks for this

#83 Aslan9

Aslan9

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 01:26 PM

Also, as I mentioned previously, there are now only large group discussions in big cities like Boston, New York, and LA about 2x/year. Average attendance is about 300-500 people. Half the discussion is people sharing their practice experiences, and the other half is discussion of Dr Yan's most recent research.
These are closed to the public, and usually guarded, as attempts have been made by Falun Gong practitioners to attend these meetings in the past.
During these meetings we almost always get a lengthy letter from Dr. Yan discussing various topics, so I know he is still doing research/experiments, but I have no idea where he is living currently (other than possibly still NJ).

#84 Synchronic

Synchronic

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:Taoism, Music/Composition/Improvisation, Film Making, Game Design, Spirituality, Herbology, Futurism and Science-Fiction, Dr Yan Xin/Yan Xin Qigong

Posted 21 November 2016 - 12:02 PM

Very sorry for the insanely long delay in photographing and uploading the Yan Xin Qigong and the Contemporary Sciences book I received a scanned copy of from the CIA Freedom of Information Act service.

I've yet to go through reading it all myself but it is very interesting and informative from what I've checked out so far, it also includes the full "9 Step Longevity Method" which I have seen in full once before on another site.

Here is a link to a folder containing images, make sure you "sort by name" either in the google drive browser or in their own folder if you download them all, as they are in order of number.

https://drive.google...UkdFaFZWcTkwTjA

• damdao, mostly_empty and Eclair_blanc said thanks for this

#85 Eclair_blanc

Eclair_blanc

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 03:50 AM

I'm very interested by Ya Xin Qigong as I have seen few video of Master Ya Xin and feel great waves of energy from him and especially his voice,also I will try only with a picture and see what happen. I wish to include this system into my daily practice, I feel it very beneficial for me even if the whole system is not available.

We have now the 9 Step Qigong method from the book Yan Xin Qigong and the Contemporary Sciences.

Three Practice Methods chapter 9 from the other book available Secrets and Benefits of Internal Qigong cultivation book. These 2 books seem to complement each other.

Perhaps someone in the future will translate some other stuff until this time this is a very good start I think who will keep me busy during longtime or forever.

• Jox said thanks for this

#86 Anhel

Anhel

Dao Bum

• Junior Bum
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 05:24 PM

Hmm, except its done using double blind & other modern science objective tests and verified by top scientists world wide.

#87 Thunder_God

Thunder_God

Dao Bum

• Junior Bum
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 01:02 AM

Dr Yan Xin is actually high level Daoist master. But he just got sick of all the publicity so he now mindfully avoids any attention. It is sad to see such a treasure like Master Yan Xin no longer offer anything because when he tried he felt like he wasn't being valued. Many great Daoists prefer to live in secret rather than get attention from the masses only to be misunderstood and unappreciated.
  • JohnC said thanks for this

#88 Rakiel

Rakiel

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Baduanjin qigong 八段錦 Spring Forest Qigong ☯ Wujigong 無極氣功 Old Yang Style Taijiquan

Posted 11 February 2017 - 11:41 AM

Dr Yan Xin is actually high level Daoist master. But he just got sick of all the publicity so he now mindfully avoids any attention. It is sad to see such a treasure like Master Yan Xin no longer offer anything because when he tried he felt like he wasn't being valued. Many great Daoists prefer to live in secret rather than get attention from the masses only to be misunderstood and unappreciated.

Hi Thunder_God, and welcome. Do you you have any experience with Yan Xin Qigong Nine Step Method?

#89 Rakiel

Rakiel

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Baduanjin qigong 八段錦 Spring Forest Qigong ☯ Wujigong 無極氣功 Old Yang Style Taijiquan

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:03 AM

Speaking of Yan Xin videos disappearing, there was a Alan Steinfeld/New Realities interview about Yan Xin Qigong where he interviews three practitioners (one of which was miraculously healed of cancer) and they play some clips of the chi-emitting lecture.

Interestingly, this video has disappeared from Youtube. I should have downloaded it.

Definitely something dubious going on...whenever those Yan Xin videos are posted you have to snag them because they won't be online for long...

• Jox said thanks for this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Yan Xin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users