Shadowflash

New here but not to the practice

Hi, I'm a 35 year old male and I've been involved with meditations of various kinds for the past 12 years or so. I started with normal breathing exercises from "The Hindu-Yogi science of breath" before diving into more intense Kundalini-type Yoga.

Without wanting to bore people with my various ups and downs, I've practiced a lot of things, from Indian and Tibetan Yoga, to Chinese Neidan / Neiqong. All my knowledge was obtained from books ( Mantak Chia, Dr Jerry Allan Johnson, Thomas Cleary, Damo Mitchell, etc... so good and bad in equal measure)

Due to unhealthy lifestyle choices (drugs, alcohol, sex, etc...), I messed up my energy system pretty bad over the years (I'm assuming, because I lost the ability to do some things I could when I first started out) and I'm looking for a practice that I know I can follow without adding or removing to it, a practice that will not only fix whatever damage might be present, but will also help me improve my health and build my Qi the right way.

I've been practicing a lot of Damo Mitchell's stuff lately and I feel he might be on to something, but I don't feel like I'm getting "the real deal" with him. Despite the damage I think I might have done to myself over the years, I still do feel like I have some attainments. I can Faqi to some extent (nothing spectacular, just people admitting that they feel a slight tingle) which means that this can't be a COMPLETE waste of time. There's something in there!

I came across a post from the guy teaching authenticneigong, which prompted me to create this account. His might actually be the program I'm looking for. Hoping to be able to ask him some questions before deciding if I should pay for the upcoming seminar this month.

That's pretty much it for now. I'll talk about other stuff in other posts I guess.

• Like 1