I’ve been reading a bit about about Saiva Siddhanta which is classed as dualist as opposed to non-dualist, and I see certain statements that appeal to me, for instance:   “Prelude to the descent of divine liberating wisdom into the soul is purification of the soul by removal of impurities (malaparipakam).”   I always like methods which look at cleaning/clearing within, it’s in the Neiye  “Clean/clear the heart/mind/Xin, and the numinous spirit will come. It’s also in the external yellow court scripture “Cleanse the heart/mind/Xin to self-heal rather than wither from impurity.” 
  Both the Neiye and the external yellow court scripture also refer to the descent of something important into the heart/mind/Xin/soul, in the Neiye “the numinous spirit will come,” in the yellow court “From above, the Heavenly Qi is received, granting increased life. In Christianity there is also the ‘Holy Spirit’ descends from above. 
  Very likely confirmation bias is operating here, I believe in cleaning/clearing within, and I gather quotes to support this view. But there is also the further stage that these few references above speak about, the holy thing that comes into the purified vessel, the thing beyond that is not “I”, the thing greater than “I”, which perhaps defines an important difference between dualism and non-dualism.