Sign in to follow this  
Immortality

The Teaching of Transcendental Empathy

Hello,

May I propose the following interpretation of Tao cultivation?:

I'm a writer of fiction in the form of inspirational poetry. Due to humble inborn mystical capacities am I able to re-integrate much of my previous lifetimes as a Taoist, which is my foremost source of inspiration. Taoism is a form of ancient Chinese mysticism that pursues a harmonious unity with nature. The ancient Taoist path that I remember was about Taoists not only perceiving the Tao as the divine source of life, but especially as a passageway into nature.
In order to understand this, we must see that the Tao is not only the source of life but naturally also the universal essence of all things. Because the Tao is the universal essence of all things, it has a bridging function between all things, as if it enables a neural network to exist between the myriad facets of life. Therefore those who learn to live in compliance with Tao learn to interface with reality, and so become wise and harmonious.
I also like to refer to this quality as transcendental empathy.
The meaning of empathy is that one is able to understand another person by being able to place oneself in his or her position. By living in compliance with Tao, one places oneself in the universal essence of all things, thereby attaining an empathic relationship with the truths of life, including the laws and principles of nature. This is where esoteric wisdom such as yoga, qi gong, inner alchemy, the internal martial arts and tantra come from.
This means that my work is quickly inclined to not pay too much attention to what the ancient Taoists have learned, but rather how they learned. In this manner do I hope that people do not only get the fruit of Tao practice, but also know how to find its roots.

Transcendental empathy relies on a state of deep mystical Stillness, a state of being which I like to express in poetically written fiction...

Immortality

Edited by Immortality

Sign in to follow this