Ant

Qigong and personal growth

I've done Qigong for around 6 or 7 years, sometimes with discipline and regularity, but admittedly, also long stretches without. I've always found it to put me in a much more relaxed,  "fresh" state of being, and have also noticed that after a long session of Qigong, I  approach any work I do with much more attentiveness and genuine desire to help others. Around a year into my practice, I had a sudden, intense experience while practicing. It felt like a fresh breeze swept through me, the trees in my garden suddenly seemed so alive and beautiful, and I felt a joy and sense of bliss comparable to times I took MDMA. The problems my mind had been dwelling on that day suddenly seemed insignificant and laughable, it truly felt like I had stepped out of my neurotic mind and was experiencing life anew. This sense of peace and bliss continued for 5-6 hours, and the next day I actually felt quite awful, I was tired, I had a headache and the peace I had felt the day before was long gone. I mention that experience as what I'm interested in is Qigong or other energy work's true potential to transform people and dissolve neurosis. Aside from that night, though I have always found Qigong to be beneficial to my well being, beneath the increased relaxation and positive feelings, the same insecurities and neuroses seem to lurk. I realize full well that I have only taken baby steps in the world of Qigong, I'm just interested in hearing some perspectives on this topic. What does it take to transform / undo / release these blockages /neuroses etc? Sometimes I wonder whether it's an all or nothing situation, eg, the "self" has been transcended or it hasn't. If it's of relevance, the Qigong I have been doing is Spring Forest. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1