I want to concentrate on and organize on a few data points here. First MPG/TG is a relatively young man, judging by his posts, late twenties to early thirties. That puts these events around a decade ago, when, if I am right, he would have been in his late teens or early twenties. Imagine at that age going from this:

To this:

By way of this:

And this:

A series of events characterized as:

At that age.

But wait there is more:
  I probably would have written it off as a psychotic reaction, but I wasn't the only one it affected, the friend whom it most affected is now dead (that may be only coincidence): Let's add possible 'survivors guilt' to the mix.   When my brain came back together from this experience I realized I wasn't the only one whom it affected; Is that a part of the reason for this:
  What kind of a burden is MPG/TG really carrying?
I think Owledge's post is telling. In regard to this warning:

Owledge replied:

It took Owledge less than three months to agree with MPG/TG

There is more to this, but now I will mention two interesting and important lives that bear on this, one is that of Houston Smith, who had one experience with LSD which transformed his life for the better because he was perfectly prepared for it and the other is Richard Alpert/Ram Dass, who had hundreds of experiences with LSD, but could not integrate it until he found a Guru who did not seem to be affect by it at all. This met a truckload of needs that Alpert/Ram Dass had, many of them unconscious, that Alpert needed to have satisfied before he could assimilate his experiences and move on. Alpert was a textbook case of what I call 'Closet Cartesianism', at term which regrettably I don't have time to expand on right now, but will.

Now I hope that organizing part of my original quote in this way has clarified some of what I believe is going on here. More if I can.       Edit: Changed Closet Cartesianism' to 'Closet Cartesianism'