Sign in to follow this  
wanderingontheway

Pleased to meet you all!

Hi there! I am glad to have found a forum where the posts are not from four years ago. I had been trying to look up Mindfulness forums, but got no where. So I decided to broaden my scope some, and bingo, bango.... here we are.

By way of introductions, here is the condescend version. Growing up, I went to Catholic school, but at the same time was being taught I Ching, and Tao Te Ching by my brother. I had the typical drug induced haze of college years, then wound up as a minister in a conservative christian denomination. (I must admit I would chuckle to myself when I would quote someone like Chang Tzu from the pulpit). My wife and I left the ministry, and the church for that matter, and now live in the pacific north west. I guess in many ways I have returned to my somewhat Taoist roots.

I have been a Tai Chi practitioner for about 20 years now (Wu style). Unfortunately, that is not a very popular style, so I have had to do it alone from some time now. I meditate (although it is kind of hard to draw a line between meditation and Tai Chi! I now live in a smallish town in Washington State. I am currently managing an apartment complex. It gives me the time to read, meditate, do forms (tai chi),even do a little tattooing (yes, I was a tattoo artist too). But, alas, there is not much opportunity for discussion here! So I am glad to join!!!! Well, I guess that is about it for now....

W.

Sign in to follow this