Sign in to follow this  
amoyaan

Hallo!

Hey everyone! Oh it's a teesny bit awkward starting one of these threads - you're like a late arrival at a party, hoping to slip in as inconspicuously as possible, only to find the room goes silent as you walk in :-P I came across this site and really enjoyed the range of topics and discussions, and felt that I'd like to dip in now and then.

My name is Rory and I'm a 33 yr old artisty-writer guy from Scotland. I have a website at www.bluestar-art.co.uk (although a new site is in the works so that'll be yanked down quite soon) and blogs at lucid-exposition.blogspot.com (philosophical and spiritual reflections) and daily-tao.blogspot.com (my own commentary on the Tao te Ching, something I really just did to help myself understand and reflect on the text, but which I decided to share).

I have explored a great many spiritual paths since I was a teenager and have meditated diligently since I was 17 or 18. After trying a great many spiritual approaches, (looking back on it now, some of it was a bit wacky - about 10 years ago I was very keen on the notion of 'ascension'. In spite of my best efforts I didn't happen haha), I settled upon the ancient tried-and-tested pointers of vedanta, zen and the teachings of the Tao Te Ching. Those have helped me the most I think, and although things are not necessarily all wonderful in my 'life' - I'm dealing with some health stuff which has kept me from being fully functional in the world as most people are - I'm generally at peace and happy...I've found that Self knowledge really is the great elixir of life. When we no longer identify with what-we-are-not, the old limitations, fears and doubts gradually vanish and there's just peace - and if the mind is especially still, a great joy as well.

K, didn't mean to write as much. I do ramble sometimes. Look forward to getting to know everyone and joining the discussions. The past few months I have been studying and starting to practise Taoist yoga and the Microcosmic Orbit, so I'm looking forward to maybe discussing and learning more about that.

Laters :)

Rory.

PS that's weird, I wasn't aware I'd uploaded a photo, but there's one there! Hah. Oh well, that'll do :P

Edited by Dreamlight Fugitive

Sign in to follow this