Hi Jonathon,   Thanks to Senseless Virtue for answering your question and citing my past posting about cell phones and their electromagnetic radiation.   I don't believe that a major brand smartwatch would interfere with  Flying Phoenix Qigong practice and cultivation--unless it somehow physically unbalances your postures and movement.  But I say this without any knowledge about the electromagnetic radiation emitted by a smartwatch (if any).  I don't know if the EM radiation emitted by a smartwatch is greater or comparable to that emitted by cell phones.  I would guess less, but that's purely a guess.   I do know this much:  radiation issues aside, because FP Qigong does NOT require active visualization (mental imaging), one's mind can be anywhere/thinking about anything once one has completed the breath-control formula for each meditation.  So if you're thinking about how the smartwatch is monitoring your vital signs, etc., that's not a problem!     Enjoy your practice and your smartwatch --unless you start feeling weird!   Sifu Terry   P.S.   Cell phones:  With regards to cell phones, I had posted on 12/11/21 (cited above) that it's best to play it safe and not have a cellular phone on your body or too close to you when practicing FP Qigong or any type of meditation.  While long-term studies by medical science have shown that the radio frequency (RF) emitted by cell phones has not caused measurable increase in cancers of the head and nervous system, cell phones have been known to interfere with pacemakers.  Based on the pacemaker issue alone, I would say, keep the cell phone a good distance away while practicing FP Qigong, even if you don't have a pacemaker(!)  Also, the ring or vibration from an incoming call can often be quite jarring  and very disruptive of FP Qigong cultivation.  No sudden interruptions is an essential safeguard for FP Qigong practice.     www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html terencedunn.substack.com