Hi White Crane, Ooops.  I quoted  "Maddie"'s post above to answer your question.  Here is my answer again, nor properly addressed to you.   Yes, keep FP Qigong practice completely separated from receiving acupuncture treatements.   When practicing FP Qigong and especially while learning it, you don't want any type of interruption of disturbance of any of the FP meditations.  You can certainly do FP Qigong before or after an acupuncture treatment, but under no circumstances should you have acupuncture done to you while you're practicing FP.   ABSOLUTELY NOT!      Not only is any type of needling or touching of the body interruptive of the subtle state of consciousness and physiological allostasis induced by each FP Meditation and each meditation cumulatively, but as I've stated here on this thread dozens of time, FP Qigong does not follow or apply the laws of TCM--the principles of acupuncture do not apply at all to the Flying Phoenix Healing Qi cultivation.  FP Qigong and the entire Ehrmei Mountain Bok Fu Pai tradition is founded and premised on a totally different cosmology than TCM--one that utilizes the positions of the sun and the moon.  (Those curious about this distinction can confirm with my school brother, Sifu Garry Hearfield in Australia.)   TCM is valuable and effective and works just fine.  But FP Qigong and the Bok Fu Pai arts does not in any way utliize the cosmology and set theory of TCM.  As demonstrated and explained by GM Doo Wai when he taught us healing with the FP Healing Qi (in comparing it to the Tao Tan Pai Energy Healing--of which I am thoroughly trained and ordained overall since 1981):                                                                        "We don't manipulate energy;  we just pass our hand over."   So keep your acupuncture treatments totally separated from your FP Qigong practice. And, if you or any reader out there are an acupuncturist, NEVER give a treatment to someone who is doing an FP Meditation!!   NEVER!   Thanks for your interesting question here, though.   Enjoy your further exploration of FP Qigong.   Sifu Terry   P.S.  Here again is synoptic video showing lots of advanced FP seated Monk Serves Wine Meditations, followed by numerous scenes from my workshops of the standing FP Meditations and even one ultra-rare  10K Buddhas Ascending Meditation towards the end: