Sign in to follow this  
alfa

I went into a hypnotic trance

I tried to hypnotize myself by relaxing each body part and telling myself over and over that I am tired, sleepy etc. After a while, I went into a trance, then came out of it.

I didn't really have any affirmations. In fact, I only tried hypnosis because it seems to be fun. So my question is: is it okay to just go into hypnosis even when we don't have any particular goal in mind (such as to stop smoking etc.). What I mean is, I am trying to go where hypnosis would take me rather than wish for something.

I tried to hypnotize myself by relaxing each body part and telling myself over and over that I am tired, sleepy etc. After a while, I went into a trance, then came out of it.

I didn't really have any affirmations. In fact, I only tried hypnosis because it seems to be fun. So my question is: is it okay to just go into hypnosis even when we don't have any particular goal in mind

You just said you wanted to have fun. That sounds like a goal to me. Goals don't have to be all serious-like. It seems like you wanted to have fun and so you had. What's strange is that you're asking what to do next? Isn't it obvious? Just have more fun! Are you asking to be told what to think? You want other people to set your goals for you? Is that it? What do YOU WANT TO DO?

(such as to stop smoking etc.). What I mean is, I am trying to go where hypnosis would take me rather than wish for something.

Really? You might not mean that. The capabilities of the mind are limitless and some things the mind can do you may not be ready for. You're also assuming that hypnosis is going somewhere without you. In other words, you don't want to take responsibility for setting a goal. I suppose that can be fine, but it's all too easy to behave that way without being aware that that's what you're doing in fact -- dodging responsibility. Hypnosis doesn't have a self-interest independent from you, so asking where it would go "on its own" as it were, is a bit of a nonsense. Nothing happens "on its own". There's nothing that's on its own.

try a pastlife regression :D

or mabe just play around in the inner scenery, see if you meet anyone, ect..

^_^

You go into a medium hypnotic trance is good. Now its slowing your brain waves down to alpha. I spent alot of time in trance 2 years ago, can feel a comfy feeling, feel it espcially in your dantien area. If you are interested in going into hypnosis, try reading, "Tranformations" by Richard Bandler. It took me many weeks to get through that book, because reading this you tend to lose yourself in trance, because the author set it up that way, because your unconcious mind learns faster. You just sort of nod off, pupils may dilate, and a few hours later you realize you have been somewhere thinkng about something really creative, not quite sure how the time passed though.

Try to maintain a trance during the day, in a coffee shop for example. Use the Bettty Erickson induction or the same one you used before. Can you remember falling into hypnosis using that induction? You can do it again just sitting there. Think of trance as a precursor to Samadhi, a state where qi loosens up.

I havent seen any discussion where light or medium trances are used as a cultivation method, but Im sure it is. Look at the Tibetans, they are all about trance.

Western hypnosis is almost all about goals, and suggestion, but there doesnt have to be any. The hypnotic state is such a nice place to be--especially if you are your own controller. You just feel pleasant, and theres many interesting things to learn about state control.

Edited by de_paradise

i have been entering trances naturally lately, and also improved tranceing in hypnosis.

may be something worth cultivating.

hmm...

^_^

to be technical there is a difference between hypnosis and trance.. you can have trance without hypnosis but you can't have hypnosis without trance

hypnosis by definition, (the bypass of the critical factor and establishment of selective thinking) is simply a heightened state of suggestibility.

It's therefore not defined by any subjective sensations. (though these can certaintly be used to your advantage as a sort of feedback loop) hypnosis has nothing to do with relaxation or feeling sleepy and doesnt actually 'feel' like anything. where it takes you would therfore have everything to do with what is suggested and the profoundness of the depth of suggestability. You can be shocked into hypnosis just as easily as you can be relaxed into it. perhaps even quicker.

If fairly skeptical of brainwaves being applied to hypnosis (alpha, theta etc) because in my practice, when we get into forgiveness therapies (using a version of fritz pearlz chair therapy) and strong emotion is released and the client, who has passed a test for a deep somnambulistic hypnotic trance, with a lot of physical force pounds their rage into a pillow then follows a suggestion to "be the offender" (hallucinating) in their lives who might then then dramaticly beg for understanding out of the clients mouth, I doubt is in any one particular brainwave state.

same goes for age regressions (not talking about timeline therapy) when they are truly revivifying an event, hallucinating it 'as if it is happening all over again', their brainwaves are more than likely synced up with whatever their frequency when the event initialy occured.

Edited by SeriesOfTubes

Sign in to follow this