Only to the extent of gratitude and authority given to your teacher. I have taken angamardana, surya kriya, inner engineering (twice), bhuta shuddi, and been to several satsangs.    There is usually a picture of Sadhguru present, and an altar with a linga and incense. There were lessons on reaching the divine, and self-realization. He never really ever held himself "above" anyone or anything else other than a teacher to help you. All the staff (with the exception of the teachers I don't know if they are paid or not) were volunteers. Additionally, his hatha and kriya yogas share similarities with Sivanada's, Iyengar's, and even Paramahansa Yogananda's, three very well respected yogis. In a sense he is a vehicle that energetically helps us develop, similar to Chunyi Lin of SFQ. All of his students I met, were just grateful to have an authentic practice, one that we believed could help us advance spiritually. Perhaps that gratitude is what others think of as "deifying," but it did not seem that way then, nor does it now as I look back years later.     I would still be practicing his stuff now, but his public offerings require a certain level of strength and vitality that I lost through life circumstances.    Perhaps this small testimonial will sway you (and others) a bit. =)