I'm abolishing the rule re: COVID discussion and PPD's.   Back to things as before:
Do whatever you want in your own PPD.   Credit goes to @zerostao for chewing over this issue, reaching out and talking to community members, and bringing points of view to my attention.   Briefly, reasons: 1. The sense of personal ownership and control of PPD is really important for community dynamics.  PPD's are carved out personal spaces in a larger more chaotic community.  It's important not to infringe upon the personal control of those spaces.   2. *If* someone presents COVID information that would be inappropriate for any particular member ... There are *lots* of places to get various COVID information, pts of view.  If you have the minimal tech skills to look at a PPD, you can find COVID information all over the www.  A COVID thread in someone's PPD doesn't reasonably bare the responsibility for anyone's total COVID view(!).   3. One good thing that has come out of all of this is the Current Events section.  It's not a rule, but I'm hoping that the bulk of COVID (and other controversial non-internal-arts topics) discussion will occur there.   - Trunk  
    • Thanks