Many pardons up front for my ignorance.  I submit myself to the knowledge of those who have gone before me and humbly ask for any guidance that might be available.   Let me start with this.  I'm pretty darn new to a lot of this, and the information I have gathered thus far is really from books.  I've read this forum here and there but it is so vast and extensive it is like walking into a library of scrolls and hoping you pick the right one.  Disarray seems to follow the original organization of any room... this forum is much more organized than most yet there is always a "well darn man, where do I start?" feel to everything.  For me, start with book, generate questions, look them up the best I can.   I have gathered that personal instruction is best.   The only teachers I can find in my area (Raleigh, NC) are the following and I'd greatly value opinions on them since I've no flippin clue.  I am interested in health, spirituality.  Not so much martial, but that wouldn't be avoided if it is a good idea.   1.  Qigong Wellness is owned and operated by Jeff Simonton, a Certified Medical Qigong Instructor who was taught by the world famous Healer and Medical Qigong Master, Binhui He.  Jeff also teaches Tai Chi and various methods of meditation.   2.  Erin Tracy who states, "Pangu Mystical Qi Gong has a strong soul connection that many Qi Gongs practiced today have lost.  It is taught only by Master Ou himself or certified instructors who teach and transmit the foundational energy during instruction.  In order to fully and deeply learn the practice you must be taught in one fo these two ways so that you may understand the philosophy behind this practice.   I am certified by Pangu Shengong International Research Institute to teach Pangu Moving Form Qi Gong and Pangu Non-Moving Form Qi Gong - also known respectively as PGSG Foundational Qi Cultivation and PGSG Cognitive and Sensory Perception Development.  (www.pangu.org for more info).   3.  Jason Quin, certified Energy Arts Instructor (this dude is expensive).  "A follower of Lao Tse's Water-Method of Taoist Meditation... I am a practitioner and student of Qigong and several internal and external martial arts including Ba guaZhang, Hsing I Chuan, and Tai Chi Chuan.  Energy arts, Inc and teh Taoist lineage master B.K. Frantzis cerified me as an instructor of the Taoist breathing techniques of "Longevity Breathing" and the qigong sets "opening the Energy Gates of the Body" and "The Marriage of Heaven and Earth."   4. Nine Dragon Bagau (You kinda just have to look at their website Certified Instructors – Nine Dragon Baguazhang of Raleigh-Durham (ninedragonraleighdurham.com).   5.  Lastly, Kathleen Cusick (Kathleen Cusick (peacefulwolftaichi.com)) who teaches 5 animal qigong and Tai Chi.   Now currently, I'm trying to do the first standing meditation of Wuji from Warriors of Stillness Volume 1.  40 minutes, every single morning.   I'm really enjoying the practice but I'd love to do something in the evening too.  As such I'm following a 24 Yang Short Form dvd by Amin Wu (Amazon.com: Yang-Style Tai Chi 24 Form : Amin Wu, Amin Wu: Movies & TV).      My worry is that I read here that you shouldn't mix any systems.   Is any of this going to be a problem?  I don't want to do something bad for me.   I have an interest in Lam Kam Chuen's book The Way of Energy, also the practices (books again) from Damo Mitchell and Zhongxian Wu.  Again... not sure if mixing that and my morning standing practice would be a bad idea.   Ultimately, I'd like to choose a live instructor and follow that alone.  I'm wary of such things as zoom lessons because I don't see how an instructor can transfer energy through a computer screen.  I'd drop the other stuff once I find a good instructor.  Regarding books for the time being if anyone would like to recommend something I've not mentioned, I'd be grateful for that as well.
My sincere apologies for the wall of text.  Just wanted to provide firm information on the nature of my questions.
Thanks so much,
Stillwater.