This is a two part interview with Livia Kohn.   One was focused more on her life vs her works.   I have moved around the discussion to be more linear as we did recorded calls and we tended to wander in discussion quite a bit despite my attempts to have an outline.  I take full responsibility if I have changed her meaning or words as I have shortened our very long talk into readable print.   I will apologize in advance if she or someone finds something I write is not correct.   I would encourage everyone to look at her publications on Daoism and realize she was a moving force the west needed to understand asian history.   I know there are a few others we could say that about, but for now, let's thank her for being open to discuss her life and works.    She is the most fascinating person I have ever talked to and I could talk to her for years on end about such topics.    She is a maverick in Daoist studies and it was much greater than even I expected.  I hope you will see her profound influence on the scholarly Daoist community and more particularly to those who follow such things.