Hi Victor, it's so good to hear that you have figured the situation out! We can talk more about Qigong practice when we get to.   Well as for the incident. A few days into focusing on my Dantian area I started to feel chi, chi meridians, and acupuncture points and the positions of which mostly matched the pictures I can find online. I got so surprised about the fact that such myths did exist and started to play around with the Chi and for the days that followed I experienced intense chi in my body and unusual acute physical conditions caused by both the huge volume and disorder of chi.   Conditions like having fever and sweating while feeling frozen inside and being knocked over and suppressed on the ground by the chi flow in my body to a point that the flow rocketed out of the top of my head and I felt the skull open (not physically for the scalp is intact, but still could feel a shallow pitting if I touch it) and connecting to the outside.   The more intense the chi situation got the more fearful I was and vise vera. And the opening on my head was the most frightening, mentally in particular since I was afraid my chi would all escape out of that pitting and lead to my death.😰   The TCM doctor my family reached out for even deemed it incurable and suggesting me being on my last gasp after checking my pulse...   I got treated for almost a week but still wasn't fully recovered and I was literally scared to death. So much had happened during that time and it's more like a movie to me now.    The treatment only temporarily restored the natural order of the chi net (Yes for me it's like an electric current net in my body, the chi system.) and my fear of the energy was indeed incurable. Each time when I was in panic the whole system went into chaos again. (As you know the chi goes where your mind goes or we can say the chi and the consciousness are just two sides of the same coin.) I had to face the fact that I am the only one who can determine my own fate in this situation.    The time when I fully recovered was months after the incident and the treatment, when I reached an understanding. Which didn't only spared me from the whole chi-fear condition but almost everything else. It's hard to be put into words... I became less and less influenced by my thoughts and emotion. And the chi problem as well as many issues which used to concern me in my life just became such jokes.😆   You may find a bit of what the understanding is about in my first post here.     https://www.thedaobums.com/topic/48383-hi-greetings-from-china/     Anyway that's what happened long story short.   ——————   Hope my story didn't cause you undue concern or distrust towards Qigong. Qigong is cute and legit and I absolutely love it.   What I'm trying to highlight here is:   1. Even everyday sports might lead to injuries like sprains and pulled muscles as @Zen Pighave mentioned also. While Qigong can be considered a sport in a sense and voila. Qigong-gone-wrongs are not something only happen in Kungfu films and are capable of causing actual harm without being handled properly.   2. I did try to seek for help before we could find a doctor. Once I got the matters somewhat under control, I SOSed in some Qigong chat groups I could find. Some were concerned but couldn't do anything, some didn't believe my words and considered me a troll, some told me to Zhanzhuang (Which at that point made the situation even worse for letting in a Siberian Husky in a dog fight and was actually the cause for 50% of the "danger".)    3. I wasn't the only one. During the years after I recovered, I saw people seeking for help regarding Qigong incidents in spiritual chat groups or Zhihu (A Chinese version of Quora). I offered my help unfortunately not for everyone but only some due to my limited capacity, and the number of the gone-wrongs turned out to be surprisingly much larger than I expected. And some would reach for me by following the trails of my posts.(And again most of them had been either ignored for being a troll-would-be or was taught well-intentioned but misleading measures and ended up in worse situation just like I was in.)    4. It's important to get information from online but some info could be clickbaits, trumped-ups or cases where situations differ from person to person. I mentioned in the previous reply that this experience was trilling and funny at the same time. Now you've got the trilling part and one of the funny parts is that during my self-rescuing operation online I found an article saying with the chi activated and the head pitting thing one would lose his vitality and soul and yada yada. (Though at the very least this could be true, my fear for it and the accompanying despond could've killed me way before the body-energy condition itself actually does.) The message got ingrained in my head like spells which generated so much despair and panic that brought on further chi disorder which then contributed to the 40% of the "danger".    5. Family can be skeptical about the chi or any seemingly supernatural concept and their precious support might not be duly provided. Which I can totally understand for they had been used to living quite a "normal" life. My mom was the only person who witnessed from the very beginning and trusted me wholeheartedly as always, while other family members were worried yet doubtful and some thought I was paranoid, insane, thought the TCM doctor was a crook, and even have sent me to the psychiatric clinic or possibly asylum (fortunately not the latter).😂 It was literally like me being a secret black magic victim school girl against flurried Muggles lol. (While a bit of plot twist here. Eventually some were dumbfounded by the tangible seeing-believing evidence like some acupuncture needles bent by chi after being removed from my legs etc.)    6. By the time when all the dust has settled down--Qigong and I went back to being BFFs, I realized that at the end of the day the dominant even fatal factor has never been the chi or Qigong but your MIND.(And subsequently found out that it applies to everything.) And this actually cast light on those ostensibly cliche traditional teaches like how important the 修心(xiuxin, to cultivate one's mind/nature) is. I used to think that those being calm, relaxing, and inner peace, blah blah were so intangible, abstract and were more of hackneyed stereotype which could be put secondary while the energy part was more responsive and exciting. So in a sense this incident was actually a bliss.   Hope the info above wasn't too overwhelming as I tried to go into more details in order that honest and accurate messages were delivered.   Also I'm not a native English speaker so please let me know if there is anything obscure due to my English deficiency.   Besides, any questions feel free to ask me Victor, and other friends who took the time to read such a prolix post.😅      
    • Thanks