That's fascinating. Thanks for sharing!   I have experienced mini events over the years, nothing as shattering as you describe. A while back I was working with a shaman, mainly using visualizations and such. Quite watered down, suburban stuff IMO. That's fine. I'm not into the hard core anyway.   One journey I traveled to the upper worlds, kept going up and up. Kinda surreal. When I finally stopped I stood before a door. OK, opened it up and... A wave of pure golden light, moved in tendrils - not like any light I have ever seen. It fell upon me and I felt my mind just stop. Null. No thoughts. Instantly I fell to the ground, prostrated. Was filled with... shame. Not the best word but the closest to what I felt. The light could see through me. It knew me - intimately. It knew me better than I knew myself. Infinitely so. I could not hide. I could not make excuses. I could not think. There was no point in thinking. Any thought I could possibly have it would already know before I would. it just held me there for what felt like hours. In reality it was only a few minutes.   When the shaman brought me back out of the journey I was crying. I knew that I had seen God. It was overwhelming, but not. Does that make sense? Maybe this was just my imagination. I can't prove anything. But I experienced it just the same.   This world is filled with strange things.