This thread was inspired by seeing that more and more people are claiming to teach nei kung systems and they only offer a few techniques.   If someone takes a few exercises out of a nei kung system then it really should be called chi kung and not nei kung.   What I have read about real systems of nei kung is that they contain thousands of techniques, and my own experience has verified this.  When you take one or a small group of techniques out of a vast system then technically it should be called chi kung, not nei kung, because the name nei kung should be reserved for the few wholistic systems that address all aspects of cultivating health and power.  if someone focus on one type of technique that may lead to some power it can cause a serious imbalance in a person in the long run.   As an example of this, the kind of yoga done by the immortal mahavatar, Babaji, is said to contain thousands of techniques also, and I was told by another chi kung master that the methods are actually quite similar to the methods of a real nei kung system like mine, which also has the goal of leading one on the path of immortal.   Here is a video that explains it well: