Pietro

Thunder, where is it really coming from

trigram_for_thunder.gif

In the i-ching Thunder comes from the earth.

In our culture we see thunder coming from the sky.

So which is which?

Well, here is the answer.

Mt take:

Thunder comes from the sky,

explored the sky looking for the earth,

and then as soon as a direct line is found between the sky and the earth,

a huge bolt of electricity is shot up.

Action-reaction. Same as when walking the circle in Bagua practice you are exerting force on the ground, the reaction is a massive release of earth chi.

Thanks for sharing that vid.

I wonder about the bandwidth of the camera's data bus. :blink:

The first part makes you think that a lightning doesn't have to hit the ground, but can end up just charging up the air. It looks like a shielding effect: The air above the ground somehow isolates and repels the lightning bolt, maybe through an opposite charge, and when that line of defence is neutralized, it can easily pass through.

What I find most interesting about lightning is that most people can actually survive being struck!

I wonder about the bandwidth of the camera's data bus. :blink:

The first part makes you think that a lightning doesn't have to hit the ground, but can end up just charging up the air. It looks like a shielding effect: The air above the ground somehow isolates and repels the lightning bolt, maybe through an opposite charge, and when that line of defence is neutralized, it can easily pass through.

Lightning doesnt have to hit the ground :) The air gets charged with static electricity via moving air masses and those charges can balance themselves out if there is a relatively small gathering of unlike charges. Its where there is enough of an overabundance that cloud to cloud cant balance the whole out that the earth gets involved.

Lightning doesn't have to hit the ground, but it's incredibly uncommon for it to happen.

It forms from both the sky and the earth - the balance of positive and negative poles.

The human eye isn't fast enough to see the FIRST part - the negatively charged particles which come from the sky. We DO see it grow from the earth (The positive particles), which then go up to reach towards the others and meet - forming lightning ;). And of course, the rapid heating of the air caused by lightning produces thunder.

Edited by DaoChild