Sign in to follow this  
Afromojo

... lllets talk KUNLUN! YAY!

Im curious about Kunlun after hearing it talked about on the forum...

Are there any practioners that have held to the emotional cleansing of the school?

What schools teach in the states and how do they differ with the ones mentioned in China?

Share your experiences!

It seems to me like the Kunlun system just feels slightly repulsive ... to me. The technique really does work for me and it works quickly, but I can't get myself to do it. I had heard that there were people here who had simplified the technique down and removed it from all the baggage. At first I thought that it would be as simple as using the search feature, but it turns out that people like to mention Kunlun in threads that have nothing to do with it and they like to go off topic a lot in threads that are supposed to be about Kunlun. It also seems like there are a lot of people here who really look down on the practice for some reason.

Edited by Inedible

If your retention practice turns your semen black... stop!!! :lol: (Both Kunlun books make that recommendation.)

So many of us are either jaded or negative about the practice it's hard to have an open minded Kunlun discussion around here. It's pretty much always been the case but it seems even more so now.

Your pal,

Yoda

If your retention practice turns your semen black... stop!!! :lol: (Both Kunlun books make that recommendation.)

So many of us are either jaded or negative about the practice it's hard to have an open minded Kunlun discussion around here. It's pretty much always been the case but it seems even more so now.

Your pal,

Yoda

:blink:

Wow really negative.

Okay so did anybody do a search to see what medical conditions cause semen to be black outside of kunlun?

I mean It doesnt sound like real kunlun at all then if the person hasnt a clue what is going on.

:blink:

Wow really negative.

Okay so did anybody do a search to see what medical conditions cause semen to be black outside of kunlun?

I mean It doesnt sound like real kunlun at all then if the person hasnt a clue what is going on.

Here is what Yoda said:

So he didn't seem to mean Kunlun shall turn your semen black or blue! And hope you're not reading things too literally :P

And these are recommendations, not requirements, if I understand right. And if you get a transmission from Max, you don't need the 100-day retention thing.

So, do you know what real Kunlun is? Did you read the thread on Yi Gong (I guess that was the last name I heard for Kunlun)? If you already have an idea, what are you really looking for? Some good words of encouragement to keep you on a practice that you anyway realized is good for you? It seems as though you want to hear not just experiences but only positive experiences.

Edited by SiliconValley

It just happens I have never done "kunlun" in my life.

However doing a search of it I found a few historical references and completely ignored commercial sites.

If you do a search on this forum, you'll come up with TONS of info. Just go to the search box near the top of the page, and type in "kunlun", and press the "go" button...tons of stuff should come up.

I suggest you first spend your time reading ALL of it...then you'll pretty much know the ins and outs. All of your questions will be answered...even ones you haven't asked yet!

I'm sorry... I'm very negative on Kunlun and I can't seem to just zip it. Hopefully someone who likes the practice will chip in for you... there are lots of people here who enjoy the practice.

Your pal,

Yoda

Ive known people who tried learning chikung from a book (any book) then became paranoid about the "spider web" sensation as they called it. Then became more paranoid and delusional to the point of claiming attacks by spirits.

There is a significant amount of emotional cleansing methods, and if left unchecked ones emotions can completely give you a run for your money and cause deviations and your whole body energy and spirit to not be focused.

Its sad.

There is a significant amount of emotional cleansing methods, and if left unchecked ones emotions can ...

We've all got our stuff to work through, no doubt. There are also such things as bad paths that needlessly cause harm for a student due to no fault of the student's. It's nearly-unheard-of to find a school that gives straight talk about which is which, sad to say.

We've all got our stuff to work through, no doubt. There are also such things as bad paths that needlessly cause harm for a student due to no fault of the student's. It's nearly-unheard-of to find a school that gives straight talk about which is which, sad to say.

True. Okay so then we can say energy training is dangerous? :lol:

Especially if the Five elements of the Zhang Fu are not in balance?

Doesnt sound like a two way street there. No one is immune.

Edited by Afromojo

True. Okay so then we can say energy training is dangerous? :lol:

It's not dangerous if you understand the principles behind it. But since the principles are never explained, it is often dangerous in practice. The reason the principles are not explained, is because if they were explained, then people would understand how silly energy training is, how no one can have any secret worth a damn about it, etc. In other words, it would be like knowledge that water is wet, it would become so obvious and common place, as to make it a commodity knowledge. Knowing principles makes knowledge accessible to general population without the need for teachers. On the other hand, if you can keep principles in the dark and only give out step by step directions, no one knows why they are following those steps, how to check what went wrong, how to check if things go right, and so people follow the steps blindly and go wrong, then go to a teacher who likely also goes wrong, so you get a double whammy.

If anyone is interested, I can make a separate post on the principles behind energy practice.

True. Okay so then we can say ...

Read this thread on kunlun. (You'd never guess the +'s & -'s of that system based on generalities.)

If anyone is interested, I can make a separate post on the principles behind energy practice.

Could you please post that and link to it in here so it will be easier to find?

I'm not sure I understand your original question but

Im curious about Kunlun after hearing it talked about on the forum...

My favorite thread was http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?showtopic=3570

The bums are a bit burnt out from over a year of strong debate about kunlun (hence the do a search :))

There was / is a range of views:

Never seen the method

Kunlun looks intresting vs kunlun looks dangerous (i.e. speculation)

Those that actually practiced or know the actual method give the rest of the spectrum

kunlun is good <-> not for me <-> kunlun is bad

Are there any practioners that have held to the emotional cleansing of the school?

:huh: do you mean have they kept practicing? Yes winpro augustleo camron joblast spring to mind as having a good spread of results. Many have had negative results, to be expected with something that actually does something :lol:

The is it cleansing or is it actually a negative symptom? Debate will continue and it's probably down to individual differences rather than a generalization as to which one is correct.

Most have moved on (I did) but most of us have tried many practices over our lives and so moving on from one practice is nothing unusual and I don't believe thats a reflection on the method

What schools teach in the states and how do they differ with the ones mentioned in China?

:huh:

Share your experiences!

I am thankful to Chris for his efforts to help us bums with kunlun

I am thankful to kunlun for teaching me to meditate for 1 hour 20 min without the distraction of physical pain that I experience in static position seated meditation

I still recommend kunlun to people as a book method that will actually do something.

Perhaps the biggest "catch" for ANY method is when you start anything you "expect" a certain result.

what you want, what you need, and what you get are rarely the same thing :lol:

While I hear the the kunlun forum may have been unsuccessful in this aim I will close with this quote (bolds mine)

As you know this stuff is powerful and the effects can be quite intense and subsequent physical changes difficult to go through. While it is tradition to leave the student to figure it all out themselves, we are going to try to do the opposite and give people the feedback and suggestions they need to allow them the chance of completing the process.

Sign in to follow this