Sign in to follow this  
Yoda

Plato's new breathing technique

I tried it first thing this morning and it put me in a bad mood. That much oxygen that early was too much for me.

The drill is to lie on your back breathe quickly in a pumping action emphasizing the lower abdomen: 10x right nostil 10x left, 10x both, then bellow breath to the upper chest same pattern. Repeat the whole thing 10x.

Plato says this is very powerful stuff and it has banished his beer belly without banishing the beer!!

My upper lungs are all set, but the drill did show me how tight my lower breathing is.

I tried it first thing this morning and it put me in a bad mood.  That much oxygen that early was too much for me.

The drill is to lie on your back breathe quickly in a pumping action emphasizing the lower abdomen:  10x right nostil 10x left, 10x both, then bellow breath to the upper chest same pattern.  Repeat the whole thing 10x.

Plato says this is very powerful stuff and it has banished his beer belly without banishing the beer!!

My upper lungs are all set, but the drill did show me how tight my lower breathing is.

8042[/snapback]

Its been in my morning routine for the last two days. I can't even get to ten full sets yet. Four or five sets does me in. For me, the bulk of the congestion seems to be high in the chest, rather than low, but feels like both could use work.

I'm intrigued by the banashing the beer belly thing. This doesn't "seem" like a calorie burner, definitely less so than 5 tibetans. I've read one line of thought about big guts that it isnt always stored fat so much as congestion & buildup of waste in the intestines. Not 100% on board wit that, but... from that point of view, all the diaphragm movement could be giving the internal organs a nice massage and move things through. I'll give it a month and see how it goes.

Maybe it was too much liver stimulation or too much oxygen too early, but the practice didn't appeal to me despite its beneficial power. Let me know how it goes if you stick it out.

Sign in to follow this