Sign in to follow this  
Ian

Test your psychic ability !

The answer is always fucking waves.

On that note, I took an Art of Math class once. We were looking at this pattern where it a computer program that drew triangles made of triangles (like the ones in Zelda) based on 100% random points.

But, the program always had to start at some random first point, so there was usually 1 black dot, sometimes more, when the random 1st point was not on a line or coloured area. So I challenged the class to think "bottom right triangle" as an exercise to see if we could control where the dot went. The teacher refreshed the program (generated a new image with new random first point) and after a few refreshes, it was in the bottom right triangle of every bottom right triangle (as it was a big triangle made up of 3 little triangles each made up of 3 smaller triangles, etc, meaning the bottom right triangle had it, then in that one, the bottom right had it, then in that one, the bottom right, etc.). It was shocking to me, and one of the teachers, but the class did not make much of it.

The teacher left the program for a wihle as he taught his lesson, then ran it once more again (i don't know why). This time, every single bottom right triangle had a black dot in it. That was it for me, our minds control our realities, and far more than ourselves.

They said on Fringe this week that the human body contains enough dormant energy to explode with the force of 3 hydrogen bombs.

The answer is always fucking waves.

On that note, I took an Art of Math class once. We were looking at this pattern where it a computer program that drew triangles made of triangles (like the ones in Zelda) based on 100% random points.

But, the program always had to start at some random first point, so there was usually 1 black dot, sometimes more, when the random 1st point was not on a line or coloured area. So I challenged the class to think "bottom right triangle" as an exercise to see if we could control where the dot went. The teacher refreshed the program (generated a new image with new random first point) and after a few refreshes, it was in the bottom right triangle of every bottom right triangle (as it was a big triangle made up of 3 little triangles each made up of 3 smaller triangles, etc, meaning the bottom right triangle had it, then in that one, the bottom right had it, then in that one, the bottom right, etc.). It was shocking to me, and one of the teachers, but the class did not make much of it.

The teacher left the program for a wihle as he taught his lesson, then ran it once more again (i don't know why). This time, every single bottom right triangle had a black dot in it. That was it for me, our minds control our realities, and far more than ourselves.

They said on Fringe this week that the human body contains enough dormant energy to explode with the force of 3 hydrogen bombs.

Fringe, huh? Yeah, I'm a bit of a Fringe freak myself...so, what your saying is, that this quiz doesn't actually test your psychic abilities....it's really just a math equation? Figures.

I wasn't implying that, just giving an interesting related story, but I don't know how useful or practical of a test this is for psychic abilities.

I think our ability to influence our future is equal to our ability to be able to forsee it, but that is just a theory

Edited by awake

Let's look at this contemplatively.

Suppose I can predict the result of some random event every time. Does this mean I lack the ability to experience randomness? Wouldn't this be a disability? In other words, is element of surprise something we want or not? And if we don't want to be surprised, can we absolutely eliminate the element of surprise to such an extent that even the potential for surprise is gone, making it impossible? It seems nothing can be eliminated to such an extreme, and therefore, at best, an element of surprise can be temporarily pushed aside, so to speak. But one cannot get rid of it entirely, because the potentials of experience always remain open.

It seems that many of these so-called psychic abilities have a disability encoded into them. If you can turn it on and off, I can see how it can be an ability. But if it's always on, it sounds more like a disability to me.

This brings us back to intention. Can we trick ourselves or not? If I want ice cream, can I trick myself into wanting peanuts? I don't think so. So if I want to be surprised, can I, on demand, want to not be surprised? Or vice versa? I don't think so.

Edited by goldisheavy

You can't say that until you try "left middle center". ;)

So if you explode like just one, you're wasting your potential. :lol:

Sign in to follow this