alfa

Third-Eye Attention

Osho has mentioned that one must get both eyes to the middle while concentrating on the third-eye. In other words, we close our eyes and squint until we hit the middle of the brow. Doing this, one can feel the pressure in the spot between eyebrows. But will this lead to a squint? Will it affect the eyes?

Besides, what must one do? I feel the pressure alright, but where to go from there? I am not good at visualization, either. Do I simply meditate on the pressure between eyebrows, hoping something will happen?

who knows what's up with Osho!! I agree with Carson Z... AYP is a great resource for this sort of "squinty" thing.

Osho has mentioned that one must get both eyes to the middle while concentrating on the third-eye. In other words, we close our eyes and squint until we hit the middle of the brow. Doing this, one can feel the pressure in the spot between eyebrows. But will this lead to a squint? Will it affect the eyes?

Besides, what must one do? I feel the pressure alright, but where to go from there? I am not good at visualization, either. Do I simply meditate on the pressure between eyebrows, hoping something will happen?

had a teacher introduced third-eye, through eyes-to-the-middle meditation prep.

felt what you're speaking of, but no squint or anything involuntary developed. don't need to do that anymore

myself, but it's a good method, good you got a teacher, i really appreciated mine.

the approach i was taught was away from visualization once it occurred, thus open to good meditation.

so focus to refocus and there you are.

Here's a picture of what this should look like. Your eyes should feel a gentle strain on the outer eye muscles and it is common to have your eyelids flutter a bit and not totally close. I left my eyelids a little more open then usual so you could see the position of the eyeballs better. Eventually this will feel quite pleasurable and normal. It does for me anyways.

Love,

Carson :D

post-31514-1241624396_thumb.jpg

Nope...no headache, although there can be an increase in pranic energy to the ajna with sambhavi mudra and this can cause a tingly/itchy/slight pressure in the forehead area. If you get a headache you need to learn to cycle the energy back down to the lower chakras and out of the upper (head) chakras.

Love,

to me it seems much easier to just focus awareness there...my eyes dont like being all crossed for very long :lol: the former is far more energetically eventful for me, anyway! the latter only made my eyes uncomfortable.

Namaste JoeBlast.....

To each their own....whatever resonates with you. With mudras and bandhas they usually start out as "gross" physical maneuvers and end up being "subtle" intentions after a while. Personally I find the gross physical movement like what is pictured in the thumbnail, ecstatic. I don't get the same effects from the subtle intention. And it doesn't hurt me at all either. I can literally spend hours in sambhavi. I actually usually sleep in it automatically as well. But like I said, to each their own, everyone is different so there will be no absolutes.

Love,

Here's a picture of what this should look like. Your eyes should feel a gentle strain on the outer eye muscles and it is common to have your eyelids flutter a bit and not totally close. I left my eyelids a little more open then usual so you could see the position of the eyeballs better. Eventually this will feel quite pleasurable and normal. It does for me anyways.

Love,

Is there a danger of the squint becoming permanent? I can't let that happen, you see, not even for the third-eye. :(

Hi alfa,

Is there a danger of the squint becoming permanent? I can't let that happen, you see, not even for the third-eye. :(

There is no danger of the "squint" becoming permanent (even though my parents used to tell me that if I stayed crossed-eyed too long they would stay that way forever). Just like there is no chance that if you pout your lip an angel will come down from heaven and pull it to the ground and it will stay there. (my parents used to tell me that too as a child.)

No, this will not damage your eyes in any way. In fact it is a great exercise for strengthening weak outer eye muscles. B)

Love,

Edited by CarsonZi