Sign in to follow this  
Bum Grasshopper

Broken rib

Rolling around with my nephew Sunday, I must have snapped a rib. Intense pain and I can feel it grinding when sitting or standing. Just my luck, I have a job interview Thursday. Any suggestions on speeding up

healing process?

I've been having amazingly good luck with products by Enzymedica. Though my issues have nothing to do with a broken bone. Anyway, they do have some "repair" products (link 1, 2) - might be worth a shot.

Medical Qigong Therapy is one of the best things I know that one can do for broken bones. The healing is much faster with the benefit of pain relief. Where are you located? Perhaps I may know someone in your area.

Medical Qigong Therapy is one of the best things I know that one can do for broken bones. The healing is much faster with the benefit of pain relief. Where are you located? Perhaps I may know someone in your area.

I live in the Detroit metro area, S.E. Michigan. If you know of anyone that would be great!

I have applied a herbal balm that contains arnica for some relief.

I healed a fractured bone in 1/4 of the time predicted by the doc using qi gong, cod liver oil, a good quality calcium/magnesium supplement and lots of green veggies!

:)

• Like 1

It's great news about the interview!!! I'll be wishing you groovy vibes!!

Arnica is good topically for minor injuries, but better to use internally in higher potency for this. And other homeopathics for other aspects of the injury, including Symphytum (comfrey). PM or email me if you'd like to know the precise remedies and potencies that you could put together yourself - you might be able to find them in a local health food store and get this going quickly. Then all the other nutritional supports will work even better.

Meantime, apply heat.

I live in the Detroit metro area, S.E. Michigan. If you know of anyone that would be great!

I have applied a herbal balm that contains arnica for some relief.

The closest that I personally know would be near Indianapolis, In.

Check with Chinese community local.

Man that does hurt some !-

The healing advice already given covers what I would offer, but add do not strain yrself before the interview, use the injury to improve yr posture - if you have to grunt through any pain do it rather than trying pain-killers for the interview! :D

The story is sweet -how it happened so use it to show what a mensch you are!

Thank you for all your advise and well wishes. While not as painful as before, any movements still produce a bone on bone grind. Sneezing and hic ups are torture.

I did make it through the interview without grimacing, but I can't help to think that I could have done better if 100%. Only time will tell.

I might suggest a liquid vitamin D supplement. I get excellent results with Vitamin D softgels.

Lots of sleep, healthy and nutritious food and Qigong. Practice Vipassana as well.

I don't think that anything you do will accelerate your body's natural healing mechanism.

Well balanced diet, hydration, adequate rest, avoidance of aggravating activity, gentle exercise like qigong or taijiquan only when it's comfortable to do so.

It will heal at it's own pace - wu wei...

Another possibility is the far infrared mineral lamp. Besides the larger standing model, there's a small desktop model for about $100. The research showed good results with many conditions including bone fracture.

Many acupuncturists use it, and I've had the lamp treatments and liked it, although not often enough to really be able to evaluate it.

http://www.electronichealing.co.uk/products/healinglamp.htm

I've heard the far infrared saunas are amazing.

Sign in to follow this