Sign in to follow this  
Iyoiyo

Ritual Cat

I'm sure this won't be new to most, but read it again anyway!

The Ritual Cat:

"When the spiritual teacher and his disciples began their evening meditation, the cat who lived in the monastery made such noise that it distracted them. So the teacher ordered that the cat be tied up during the evening practice. Years later, when the teacher died, the cat continued to be tied up during the meditation session. And when the cat eventually died, another cat was brought to the monastery and tied up. Centuries later, learned descendants of the spiritual teacher wrote scholarly treatises about the religious significance of tying up a cat for meditation practice."

A fair funny story which reminds me of another wise quote including cats:

"We should be careful to get out of an experience only the wisdom that is in it, and stop there, lest we be like the cat that sits down on a hot stove lid. She will never sit down on a hot stove lid again, and that is well; but also she will never sit down on a cold one anymore..."

- Mark Twain

I'm sure this won't be new to most, but read it again anyway!

The Ritual Cat:

"When the spiritual teacher and his disciples began their evening meditation, the cat who lived in the monastery made such noise that it distracted them. So the teacher ordered that the cat be tied up during the evening practice. Years later, when the teacher died, the cat continued to be tied up during the meditation session. And when the cat eventually died, another cat was brought to the monastery and tied up. Centuries later, learned descendants of the spiritual teacher wrote scholarly treatises about the religious significance of tying up a cat for meditation practice."

A fair funny story which reminds me of another wise quote including cats:

"We should be careful to get out of an experience only the wisdom that is in it, and stop there, lest we be like the cat that sits down on a hot stove lid. She will never sit down on a hot stove lid again, and that is well; but also she will never sit down on a cold one anymore..."

- Mark Twain

Well, the evening meditation at the monastery must have been a lousy one to begin with, or the cat would join in. They always do, on a good meditation. When I meditate in the open, so do squirrels, an occasional wild rabbit, and even insects. The monks should have paid attention to the cat's protests and figure out what was wrong with their practice instead of tying down the cat. Typical, too, for all figures of authority to tie down the protester instead of cleaning up their own act. :lol:

There's a monastery in India where a resident cat is bowed to by all the monks and saluted to by the guards at the gate as he goes on his evening stroll, because they'd determined and officially recognized that the cat is the reincarnation of the former head of the monastery. When the latter died, they noticed that a new cat showed up shortly who would take a walk around the premises every evening -- following exactly the path the former religious leader used to take for many years, at exactly the same pace, stopping at exactly the same spots, etc.. The cat was watched for other peculiarities and found to be the new body of the old man's spirit, and consequently treated as such. If this cat dies and a new one shows up who still behaves in the same fashion, he will be recognized too. (A human body outlasts a cat's body, so several cats might need to successively harbor the same person's spirit. The spirit in the cat's body may be way older and wiser than the cat itself.)

"Study the cat, Saihung. Everything you need to learn, she knows already." --Deng Ming-dao, "The Wandering Taoist"

Jean-Claw! :lol: Never heard a better name for a cat!

Finally he doesn’t like it if I project energy at him.

Maybe it's an evil reptilian cat playing nice as a cover. :lol:

Yes, everyone likes "The Claw" and he knows it! My favorite cat joke :D

The Dog's Diary

8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!

9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!

9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!

10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!

12:00 pm - Milk bones! My favorite thing!

1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!

3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!

5:00 pm - Dinner! My favorite thing!

7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!

8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!

11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

Cat Diary

DAY 752 - My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while I am forced to eat dry cereal. The only thing that keeps me going is the hope of escape, and the mild satisfaction I get from shredding the occasional piece of furniture. Tomorrow I may eat another houseplant and cough it up on the carpeting.

DAY 761 - Today my attempt to kill my captors by weaving around their feet while they were walking almost succeeded, must try this at the top of the stairs. In an attempt to disgust and repulse these vile oppressors, I once again induced myself to vomit on their favorite chair... must try this on their bed (again).

DAY 762 - Slept all day so that I could annoy my captors with sleep depriving, incessant pleas for food at ungodly hours of the night.

DAY 765 - Decapitated a mouse and brought them the headless body, in attempt to make them aware of what I am capable of, and to try to strike fear into their hearts. They only cooed and condescended about what a good little cat I was ... Hmmm. Not working according to plan .

DAY 768 - I am finally aware of how sadistic they are. For no good reason I was chosen for the water torture. This time however it included a burning foamy chemical called "shampoo." What sick minds could invent such a liquid? My only consolation is the piece of thumb still stuck between my teeth and the tiny bit of flesh under my claws.

DAY 771 - There was some sort of gathering of their accomplices. I was placed in solitary throughout the event. However, I could hear the noise and smell the foul odor of the glass tubes they call "beer." More importantly I overheard that my confinement was due to MY power of "allergies." Must learn what this is and how to use it to my advantage.

DAY 774 - I am convinced the other captives are flunkies and maybe snitches. The dog is routinely released and seems more than happy to return. He is obviously a half-wit. The Bird on the other hand has got to be an informant. He has mastered their frightful tongue (something akin to mole speak) and speaks with them regularly. I am certain he reports my every move. Due to his current placement in the metal room his safety is assured. But I can wait, it is only a matter of time.

:lol:

Loved the diary Mal :lol:

If man could be crossed with the cat, it would improve man but deteriorate the cat.

Mark Twain.

Since there has been some Cat V Dog recently I thought I'd tweek my diary post above and BTT

Sign in to follow this