Archaic17

Expanding the mind

hey i posted a topic earlyer today about my daily routine and i was told to start Tai chi

How do i do it?

what is the main benifet from it. iv heard about it but what is the purpose of doing it if i make it apart of my everyday routine from what i have aready heard it sounds facinateing but i want your feedback as to why i should do it everyday

also..

please stay with me on this...

i wish to expand my mind...

my main goal in this life is to discover the full potential of the human Mind and Body...

i want to learn ESP or extra sensory perception which in itself is a MASSIVE variety of things Telekinesis pyrokenesis etc...

it is these kind of things i want to learn through my daily mediation.

contact with spirits and such is also another goal of mine...

...now. seeing as i am only 18 and these are some pretty tall orders i have here would only make one think "oh this is just some kid dreaming about being a superman" nothing could be further from the truth... i do wish to be one with the Tao and better my self as a human being and learning the things i have mentioned are only the tip of the iceberg... if taoism will help me reach these goals i will dedicate my life to its teachings...

Nei Kung

chi gong

qigong

tai chi

are some things i want to learn :)

if anyone teaches any of these or is very knowlagable of the subject please talk to me on msn

[email protected]

Brandon Pearson

aka

Archaic

p.s. i seek a taoist master to help teach and guide me along the path i hope someone can help me find one :)

Edited by Archaic17

hey i posted a topic earlyer today about my daily routine and i was told to start Tai chi

How do i do it?

what is the main benifet from it. iv heard about it but what is the purpose of doing it if i make it apart of my everyday routine from what i have aready heard it sounds facinateing but i want your feedback as to why i should do it everyday

Some of the main benefits of Taiji are increased health, better body awareness, relaxation, meditation and, ultimately, self-defense.

Like anything else, to become proficient you must practice and practice to have real benefits. If you were able to learn Taiji(form, weapons, push-hands, san-shou) and put even an hour a day in for ten years you would have some terrific benefits. But you would also only be scratching the surface of a very immense, subtle art.

Really any of the Chinese internal boxing systems will give you most of what I am talking about. Taiji, Hsing- Yi, Ba Gua and Liu Ho Ba Fa are the four recognized internal boxing systems. All have their own flavor and personality.

also..

please stay with me on this...

i wish to expand my mind...

my main goal in this life is to discover the full potential of the human Mind and Body...

i want to learn ESP or extra sensory perception which in itself is a MASSIVE variety of things Telekinesis pyrokenesis etc...

it is these kind of things i want to learn through my daily mediation.

contact with spirits and such is also another goal of mine...

...now. seeing as i am only 18 and these are some pretty tall orders i have here would only make one think "oh this is just some kid dreaming about being a superman" nothing could be further from the truth... i do wish to be one with the Tao and better my self as a human being and learning the things i have mentioned are only the tip of the iceberg... if taoism will help me reach these goals i will dedicate my life to its teachings...

Nei Kung

chi gong

qigong

tai chi

are some things i want to learn :)

if anyone teaches any of these or is very knowlagable of the subject please talk to me on msn

Nei Kung and qigong are part of most internal boxing styles so some extent. Specific outside qigong practices will also complement and supplement any particular style you may choose.

Some say,"But I do not care about fighting(boxing), why should I study a boxing system?"

In order to be fit for everything else you want to do a boxing system will give you full body health and the strength to achieve your other goals.

p.s. i seek a taoist master to help teach and guide me along the path i hope someone can help me find one :)

As far as a Taoist master, first you should look into whether you wish to embrace philosophical Taoism or religious Taoism. Thus far, you seem to mostly be talking about the philosophical side of things but religious Taoism may hold everything you are looking for as well.

Start by checking out some boxing schools that focus on the internal styles listed above. That will be a great place to start with your training.